Thread: "QPainter::setCompositionMode: Blend modes not supported on device"

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default "QPainter::setCompositionMode: Blend modes not supported on device"

Hello,

I want to paint a rectangle which inverts the colours of the area it is painted over, but i get this error: "QPainter::setCompositionMode: Blend modes not supported on device."
    I'm painting on a "regular" QWidget. is it possible to make a QWidget support this, and if so, how?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: "QPainter::setCompositionMode: Blend modes not supported on device"

I am having the same problem. I am trying to port an app that I wrote for Qt3.
    I have three pixmaps that I added (with the use of setRasterOp (Qt::OrRop) ) together.
    RasterOps have been removed in Qt4, setComposition mode throws the error you mention. Setting a mask on the second QPixmap does not work either. I am still looking for a solution...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: "QPainter::setCompositionMode: Blend modes not supported on device"

Alright, my problem is I used Qt::black instead of Qt::color0 and so was overwriting the previous contents on my master Pixmap. You should be able to do what you need to do using setCompositionMode and masked QPixmaps.