Thread: QGLWidget window redrawing contents when losing focus

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default QGLWidget window redrawing contents when losing focus

Hi,

I have two windows which I display as fullscreen on my two computer screens. One is a gui and one is a QGLWidget object. The problem I'm having is that when I click on the gui window, the contents of the gl window are redrawn (i.e. the screen flashes and I can see each object in the scene graph being redrawn). Therefore, if I click on a button on the gui, there is a half second delay while it waits for the screen to redraw. The sceen is also redraw when the gl window recieves focus again. While the gl screen has focus, I can navigate through it without any problems and there is no such redrawing.

What can I do to ensure that the whole window isn't redraw as described when it loses and gains focus?

Thanks for your help,

Barry.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QGLWidget window redrawing contents when losing focus

In fact, the gui window itself is also blinking (and it looks like its widgets are being redrawn) as it gains and loses focus. In otherwords, when I click on it or click on the gl window.

If I do the following -

glWindow->setGeometry(QApplication::desktop()->availableGeometry(1));
    glWindow->show() ;

I get a fullscreen gl window, and I get my problem,

But if I don't set the geometry, like so -

glWindow->show() ;

then I don't get the problem described above but I also don't get a full screen gl window.

paintGL() is called then the window gains and loses focus only if I have set the geometry, so this might have something to do with things.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Barry79; 3rd April 2009 at 14:56.