Hello,

I just installed the latest preview of Qt4.6 on Snow Leopard in the x86_64 architecture, and now I am trying to do the same with the Python bindings.

After setting the configuration to use the --arch x86_64 flag, I can succesfully compile a few object files until this compilation error:

Qt Code:
  1. g++ -c -pipe -fPIC -arch x86_64 -O2 -Wall -W -DNDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I/Users/drufat/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.6-snapshot-20090914/qpy/QtCore -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/mkspecs/default -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/include -F/Users/drufat/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.6-snapshot-20090914/qpy/QtCore -F/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib -o sipQtCoreQResource.o sipQtCoreQResource.cpp
  2. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h: In copy constructor ‘QResource::QResource(const QResource&)’:
  3. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:180: error: ‘QScopedPointer<T, Cleanup>::QScopedPointer(const QScopedPointer<T, Cleanup>&) [with T = QResourcePrivate, Cleanup = QScopedPointerDeleter<QResourcePrivate>]’ is private
  4. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qresource.h:59: error: within this context
  5. sipQtCoreQResource.cpp: In constructor ‘sipQResource::sipQResource(const QResource&)’:
  6. sipQtCoreQResource.cpp:78: note: synthesized method ‘QResource::QResource(const QResource&)’ first required here
  7. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h: In static member function ‘static void QScopedPointerDeleter<T>::cleanup(T*) [with T = QResourcePrivate]’:
  8. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:100: instantiated from ‘QScopedPointer<T, Cleanup>::~QScopedPointer() [with T = QResourcePrivate, Cleanup = QScopedPointerDeleter<QResourcePrivate>]’
  9. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qresource.h:59: instantiated from here
  10. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:59: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘QResourcePrivate’
  11. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:59: error: creating array with negative size (‘-0x00000000000000001’)
  12. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:60: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘QResourcePrivate’
  13. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:60: error: creating array with negative size (‘-0x00000000000000001’)
  14. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:62: warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:
  15. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:54: warning: ‘pointer’ has incomplete type
  16. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qresource.h:56: warning: forward declaration of ‘struct QResourcePrivate’
  17. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qscopedpointer.h:62: note: neither the destructor nor the class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared when the class is defined.
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Can anybody give me pointers on how to resolve this problem, and get PyQt4 to work on my platform?