Thread: Deployment platform displays style? differently than development platform-ubuntu 8.04

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Angry Deployment platform displays style? differently than development platform-ubuntu 8.04

Development platform with QtCreator displays the application widgets natively as expected and desired. Moving the application over to the deployment platform (same OS, but different hardware), the application defaults to the non-native default Qt style with boxes for buttons, etc.

I'm guessing maybe that I have to implement QGtkStyle, but have no idea how (search results don't really turn up anything). Running the app with "-style gtk" as an argument doesn't change the situation. If QGtkStyle is needed to be implemented, this should maybe be moved to another board. But if so, it's confusing me how it works on one and not the other (both without either having QGtkStyle explicitly implemented).

Edit: Added png attachments of both environments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MikeG; 17th September 2009 at 01:31.

Thanks
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11

Default Re: Deployment platform displays style? differently than development platform-ubuntu

Looks like you are missing that ubuntu standard gtk theme on your target hardware installation.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Cool Re: Deployment platform displays style? differently than development platform-ubuntu

Not entirely sure what did it exactly. I changed my OS to a clean install of 9.04. I downloaded libgtk2.0-dev (<-which seems entirely excessive to need a dev library to me), ran configure, remade the whole library and gtkstyle finally worked.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Deployment platform displays style? differently than development platform-ubuntu

I've got the same problem, but on Kubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.3... and when I run the app on super-user mode, the style applies perfectly. Maybe a privileges problem? Some KDE library is missing? I had try searching for a style-devel library of Ozone, but i don't know where start looking...

PD: Sorry for my english :P