Thread: Newbie Question: Use same source for S60, Windows Mobile and Embedded Linux

Platforms
    Windows

Question Newbie Question: Use same source for S60, Windows Mobile and Embedded Linux

Hi!

I'm very new to QT and started programming with QT. I used MFC and wxWidgets before. I came across Symbian and Windows Mobile and genereal Mobile-Stuff.

My question is short and very easy: Is it possible to use the same source for Symbian, Windows Mobile and Embedded Linux? Let's say i developed a S60-App. Can i compile it for Windows Mobile and Embedded Linux without changing my source files ?
    Thank you very much!

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: Newbie Question: Use same source for S60, Windows Mobile and Embedded Linux

Well I'm still only getting used to this process but as far as i'm concerned you can use mostly the same sources for all platforms. When I say mostly I mean that most of your business logic will be the same, there will always be a few things that may need specific implementations designed for that platform but you can have all of the platforms use the same source files and just #def out parts specific for each platform.

Hope that helped a little bit