Thread: QLedIndicator

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Question QLedIndicator

Dear Sirs.
    I'm using the Qt version SDK for Windows (Qt 4.6 and Qt Creator 1.3)
    I compiled with Qt Creator 1.3.1. QLedIndicatorPlugin project in Release mode, generating the dll QLedIndicatorPlugin.dll.
    I created a new project with Qt Creator, with a form dialog.ui. I tried to load the plugin via the menu Tools -> Form Editor -> About Qt Designer plugins
    Press the refresh button, and tells me that the plugin fails, indicating;

Qt Code:
    1. Expected key full-config> <Windows msvc release, but has received <Windows mingw release full-config>
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I have read in some forums that the problem is that Qt Creator is complicated VC + +, and that I should compile with mingw Qt Creator.
    I downloaded the code of Qt Creator, and I tried to compile with Qt Creator, but I get an error message. (*** Multiple target patterns. Stop.)

Do not know if I compile the project directly com mingw Qt Creator, but not like this is done.

Which is not the solution to generate and load plugins without the need for VC + +.

As much as I read in the forums, there are many different answers, but none conclusive.

Qt Creator, it seems a good tool for programming with C + +, but when I use other plugins or dll, I can not move forward.

I would appreciate any respons
    Thank you

Qt-App

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: QLedIndicator

What did you do exactly to rebuild Qt Creator? A simple qmake && make should suffice provided you have Qt installed and available.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

The user has installed the SDK v2010.02 also Qt 4.6.2 and MinGW (witch is installed with the SDK)

When I use Qt Creator, he configured:
    Qt Code:
    1. QMake: qmake.exe proyecto.pro -spec win32-g++ -r
    2. Make: mingw32-make.exe -w c:\...\proyecto

The not have installed the system VC++

To compile the Qt 4.6.2 libraries:

Qt Code:
    1. cd C:\Qt\4.6.2\src
    2. mingw32-make distclean
    3. qmake
    4. mingw32-make

Qt Code:
    1. And after compiling, these errors are show:
    2. main.cpp:45:44: error: ../../corelib/global/qconfig.cpp: No such file or directory
    3. mingw32-make[2]: *** [release/main.o] Error 1
    4. mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.6.2/src/tools/moc'
    5. mingw32-make[1]: *** [release] Error 2
    6. mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.6.2/src/tools/moc'
    7. mingw32-make: *** [sub-moc-make_default] Error 2

I recompiled the plugin in release version, and the project setting hace Qt Creator.
    Qt Code:
    2. Make: mingw32-make.exe in c:\...\proyecto

But loading the plugin in Qt Creator still shows the same error.

Qt en Espanol

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

But are we talking about building Qt Creator or building a project using Qt Creator?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

in compiling the plugin.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

So why did you write something about recompiling Qt Creator????

To build the plugin just open the Qt console, cd to the directory with the plugin code, run qmake and make. Or open the project with Qt Creator, choose "Run qmake" and then build the project.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

the problem is:

Qt Code:
    1. Expected key full-config> <Windows msvc release, but has received <Windows mingw release full-config>

But as I have given to the formulation, to read online in some forums I found that the problem could be that the SDK which includes Qt, Qt Creator among others, where apparently Qt Creator is compiled with VC.

This information is not if it is correct or not. Anyway, I can not compile a plugin, upload it to the Qt Creator does not burden me problems. With the SDK you can download a number of examples, well explained including how to make a plugin to generate your own
    checks withina the Qt Designer, but there is no way that the following examples may be used.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

First of all the led plugin you want to use is a Qt Designer plugin and not a Qt Creator plugin - let's not mix the two. Qt Creator contains an embedded Designer that uses Designer plugins.

Now if that's settled, let's take care of your problem. The message you quoted says that Designer (and hence Creator as well) is compiled using MSVC while you are trying to pass it a library compiled using MinGW (which is consistent with what you found on the web). Now there is good news and there is bad news.

The good news is that it doesn't prevent you from using the widget from the plugin in your application as most likely you are going to build the application with MinGW and not MSVC. The bad news is that you won't be able to use the plugin from within Creator's embedded form editor (Designer) unless you recompile Qt Creator with MinGW. So if you care about the latter then download Creator's sources, build the program and use it instead of the one from Qt SDK. Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

translate
    From what I understand, you must recompile QtCreator with mingw, and not using that found in the SDK.

That's the idea I had as elsewhere. The truth can not understand how in not locate the SDK and a QtCreator Mingw compiled for when it
    was supposed this is the officer.

In any case, the problem I have is that I tried to recompile QtCreator and gives me errors and does not locate a clear way to compile this application.

I have downloaded the code and I compiled QtCreator by two routes: Using the Mingw, and simply QtCreator with the SDK, there will be Qt Creator project and compile. For both ways I had problems.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Please try to rephrase your post using simple and correct English sentences. It's not possible to understand what you mean otherwise.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

sorry. I do not speak English, use the google translator, but this did not translate correctly.

I will try to explain everything in more detail. I'm helping a user with a problem that has and is:

He uses Windows, I installed the Qt 4.6 and Qt Creator 1.3.1. The compiled, the project QLedIndicatorPlugin and thus generate a file. "Dll" QLedIndicatorPlugin.dll. It creates a new project in Qt Creator, is used dialog.ui. tries to load the new plugin via the menu Tools-> Form Editor-> About Qt Designer plugins. It you click on the refresh button and the following message:

Qt Code:

The truth, if I read this message, it is as if the application was waiting to receive the plugins compiled with Visual Studio instead of mingw, but it is not supposed to understand the official compiler is mingw Qt?

This means, you must recompile Qt Creator with mingw?

If so, as I proceed to compile Qt Creator?
    On the other hand I tried to recompile Qt 4.6.2. with mingw, followed are explained in
    http://psi-im.org/wiki/Compiling_Qt4...28supported.29

Qt Code:
    1. cd C:\Qt\4.1.0\src
    3. qmake
    4. mingw32-make

and the compilation I get many error messages.

I installed the SDK v2010.02 Qt also QT 4.6.2. and Mingw (installed with the SDK).

When I use Qt Creator, I have configured;
    Qt Code:
    2. Make: mingw32-make.exe -w c:\...\proyecto

Not I installed the VC + +

To compile the Qt 4.6.2 libraries.
    Qt Code:
    1. cd C:\Qt\4.6.2\src
    3. qmake
    4. mingw32-make

And after a while to compile these errors are shown;
    Qt Code:
    1. main.cpp:45:44: error: ../../corelib/global/qconfig.cpp: No such file or directory
    2. mingw32-make[2]: *** [release/main.o] Error 1
    3. mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.6.2/src/tools/moc'
    4. mingw32-make[1]: *** [release] Error 2
    5. mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.6.2/src/tools/moc'
    6. mingw32-make: *** [sub-moc-make_default] Error 2

I recompiled the plugin in release version, and the project settings have Qt Creator;
    Qt Code:
    2. Make: mingw32-make.exe in c:\...\proyecto

But loading the plugin in Qt Creator still shows the same error.

We are talking about compiling a plugin to be used since QtCreator.

But as I have given to the formulation, to read online in some forums I found that the problem could be that the SDK which includes Qt, Qt Creator among others, where apparently Qt Creator is compiled with VC++.

This information is not if it is correct or not.

Anyway, I can not compile a plugin, when you load Qt Creator, not mark error. With the SDK you can download a number of examples, well explained including how to make a plugin to generate your own controls in the Qt Designer, but there is no way that the following examples may be used.

From what I understand, you must recompile QtCreator with mingw, and not use what is in the SDK. That's the idea I had as elsewhere. The truth can not understand how the SDK does not use a QtCreator compiled for Mingw, when it is assumed that this is official.

In any case, the problem I have is that I tried to recompile QtCreator and gives me errors and can not find a clear way to compile this application. I have downloaded the code and I compiled QtCreator by two routes: Using the Mingw, and simply with QtCreator, opening the project and compile Qt Creator. For both ways I had problems.