Thread: can not compile

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Question can not compile

i've downloaded the new qt creator 2.0.0
    then i had my first problem:
    when opening my old project i could not compile it in other mode then 4.6.2 debug
    so i recreated the project in another directory of my drive and copied the whole sourcecode from old to new project
    it compiled always but now i always (in every compile mode) get this error message:

"collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"

the information i got from the compililationscreen:

Qt Code:
    1. g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o release\iLesson.exe release/main.o release/mainwindow.o release/htmlparser.o release/webdatacontroller.o release/webuntisaccessor.o release/moc_mainwindow.o release/moc_htmlparser.o release/moc_webdatacontroller.o release/moc_webuntisaccessor.o -L"e:\Programme\Qt\2010.04\qt\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmain -lQtGui4 -lQtNetwork4 -lQtCore4
    2. mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `F:/Projekte/QT/4.7.0/iLesson-build-desktop'
    3. mingw32-make: Leaving directory `F:/Projekte/QT/4.7.0/iLesson-build-desktop'
    4. release/webdatacontroller.o:webdatacontroller.cpp:(.text+0x129): undefined reference to `WebDataController::constructDynamicOnlyOpenTagRegExp(QString, QStringList, bool)'
    5. release/webdatacontroller.o:webdatacontroller.cpp:(.text+0x19b): undefined reference to `WebDataController::constructInvertedOpenTagRegExp(QString, QStringList, bool)'
    6. release/webdatacontroller.o:webdatacontroller.cpp:(.text+0x1e6): undefined reference to `WebDataController::constructCloseTagRegExp(QString)'
    7. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    8. mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\iLesson.exe] Error 1
    9. mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

but have no idea what is wrong

the class that must force the error is at the moment completly isolated; means it is not needed
    i just want to know if the code is correct

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: can not compile

Well, do those functions exist?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by fatjuicymole View Post
    Well, do those functions exist?
    yes they do.
    i can not show the whole sourcecode but here are the declarations in the head:

Qt Code:
    1. public:
    2. QString constructCloseTagRegExp(QString tag);
    3. QString constructDynamicOnlyOpenTagRegExp(QString tag, QStringList parameters, bool special = false);
    4. QString constructStrictDynamicOnlyOpenTagRegExp(QString tag, QStringList parameters, bool special = false);
    5. QString constructInvertedOpenTagRegExp(QString tag, QStringList parameters, bool special = false);
    6. QString constructMustContainOpenTagRegExp(QString tag, QStringList parameters, bool special = false);

like i said before: the code compiled successfully but after some changes in the funtions this is the result

strange is that the functions "constructMustContainOpenTagRegExp" and "constructStrictDynamicOnlyOpenTagRegExp" seem to dont force such an error but they are nearly indentical

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Check if the .pro file contains a reference to the file containing definitions of those methods.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

We know the declarations exist otherwise you get a compile error instead. But do the definitions exist and are they identical? Also, is the file linked correctly, as wysota says?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

well this is an extract from my .pro file

SOURCES += main.cpp\
    mainwindow.cpp \
    webdatacontroller.cpp

HEADERS += mainwindow.h \
    webdatacontroller.h

and yeah they are indentical (think so. im 99,9% sure but i will check tomorrow because in germany its about 0:00 and my parents want to sleep)
    so i will give you a sencored version of my sourcecode tomorrow

so i think did nothing wrong because my old version with nearly same code

EDIT:

well i checked my code in the old Qt creator version (1.3.1) and he gave the message that the reference problem is here:
    Qt Code:
    1. QString specified_open_tag_regexpstr( this->constructDynamicOnlyOpenTagRegExp(tag, parameters, false) );
    3. QString open_tag_regexpstr( this->constructInvertedOpenTagRegExp(tag, parameters, false) );
    5. QString close_tag_regexpstr( this->constructCloseTagRegExp(tag) );

the functions do exist i added them with QT creators auto function

i do not know what the problem is

all of my functions return a QString variable which i normaly could give to the constructor of a new QString or am i wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Please show us the bodies of the three methods. You can strip out the contents if you don't want to show them.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

i've got the problem and i'm such an idiot
    the only thing i forgot was the classname infront of the functionname and the double :

my old problem...
    i have started with vb.net and thus I often fall back in old patterns (because there you don't need this)

but thanks for all help