Thread: Designing a Node Editor (Hint: Blender Node Editor)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Designing a Node Editor (Hint: Blender Node Editor)

Hi everyone.

First let me start off by saying that I've dona a fair amount of research on the subject, but have not found any solid leads, the closest a thread cam to mine was this one, but as you see (if you opened it) there is no solution provided there, thus I decided to re-post, and not bump a 2 year old thread.

Now, here's an example of what I want to do:

Since I use Blender on a daily basis, I'm used to the Node editor and I love it, so for the UI I'm currently designing, I want to implement a widget like that.

First comes to mind the QGraphicsView, which I have begun giving it a try, and am at the beginning of sub-classing it and QGraphicsItem, but I will post the results of my try after I get to a point where it should work.

Other thing that comes to mind is the MDI widget and it's sub-windows, now my problem would be easily solved if I could somehow add slots at the left and right sides of the MDI sub-windows, I haven't taken a look at the diagram scene example yet, but I will try that too, since it's the closest thing that fits at least a portion of what I need.

This thread isn't really a programming problem, but I posted it here since I don't think it's a newbie problem, and I don't think it fits any other forum, if the Moderators here think otherwise, they're welcome to move this thread to the forum they deem appropriate.

And, you're welcome to post your opinions on the problem, even if you don't think they'd be helpful, more is always better when someone's in need of help.
    Attached Images Attached Images