Thread: QtMove: Move Qt build everywhere

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default QtMove: Move Qt build everywhere

I have to build Qt projects on multiple PCs, also I've spent many time compiling different QT versions on Windows and Mac from source package with customized settings. One problem occurs to me that after I build a new Qt/SDK and copy it to other machines, I have to keep the copy in exactly the same folder as the original build directory, otherwise the QMake generates wrong INCLUDE and LIB paths in the make file. Because the Qt SDK is a huge package, sometimes I cannot put it in the expected disk volume; also it's hard to remember each build directory because I build them in different folders. I know there is a qt.conf file that can redirect QMake to new folder but it needs manual editing and there are also other stuffs to tweak.

To resolve this silly relocation issue, I develop a utility called QtMove, it is free and can be downloaded from http://www.runfastsoft.com. With QtMove I am now pretty happy that I do not have to remember where the Qt is built, I can backup and switch to any Qt build easily. The huge Qt SDK becomes portable now

I believe the Linux/Mac Qt also has this relocation issue, if necessary I can port QtMove to all platforms.

Happy Qt!

Thanks
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QtMove: Move Qt build everywhere

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
    Security risk detected: Trojan.Gen.2
    File: QtMove.exe
    Sorry but it's not encouraging to me

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

The software is simply packed. The virus report is just a false positive.

Most top Anti-Virus products (Avast, AVG, Comodo, Kaspersky, NOD32, Microsoft Security, Panda, TrendMicro, etc.) do not detect it as a virus.

As you know, nowadays there are lots of false positives reported everyday because detecting a virus is actually impossible in theory. Many months ago when I build my program written in assembly code, the compiled object is automatically removed by an AV software. The AV sometimes just scan code patterns and think any unknown standard machine code pattern (compiled in well known C/C++/Pascal compiler) as virus.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Update: Now QtMove supports Mac and Linux! see http://www.runfastsoft.com for details.