I'm trying to get debugging working properly, using Qt Creator, MS Visual C++ 2010 Express, and the MS Debugging tools. I can properly compile & link executables from within Qt Creator, using the C++ compiler that comes with the MS Visual C++ 2010 Express installation.
But, as noted here as well: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-sn...ver-in-windows , Visual C++ Express does not come with a debugger. As noted on this page as well, one can download & install the Windows SDK debugger, and supposedly use it from within Qt.
So, this is what I have done, installed the Debugger from the link provided in the previous page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...dware/gg463012
After that, I cloned the toolchain in Qt Creator, and specified the debugger executable for it in the toolchain configuration page, to be: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\Mdbg.exe
so far so good. when I build in debug mode, then press on the 'Start Debugging' button, Qt Creator seems to recognize the debugger. it asks me to set up the symbol server cache, and then it seems to start the application.
But, unfortunately the debugger fails, with the following message:
- Launching C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\Mdbg.exe -aqtcreatorcdbext.dll -lines -G -c .idle_cmd !qtcreatorcdbext.idle -y symsrv*symsrv.dll*C:\Users\akos\AppData\Local\Temp\symbolcache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols C:\test\test.exe
- using C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\lib\qtcreatorcdbext32\qtcreatorcdbext.dll of 1/22/2012 4:07:03 PM.
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\Mdbg.exe running as 964
- MDbg (Managed debugger) v3.5.30729.1 (SP.030729-0100) started.
- Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- For information about commands type "help";
- to exit program type "quit".
- run -aqtcreatorcdbext.dll -lines -G -c ".idle_cmd !qtcreatorcdbext.idle" -y symsrv*symsrv.dll*C:\Users\akos\AppData\Local\Temp\symbolcache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols C:\test\test.exe
- Could not detect debuggee version -- using latest debugger API.
- Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode
and then the whole process 'hangs'.
am I doing something wrong here? how does one set this up properly?