Thread: Looking for easy to learn from Qt SOAP examples, and did I install Qt SOAP correctly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Looking for easy to learn from Qt SOAP examples, and did I install Qt SOAP correctly

Hello, at work I'm using Windows 7, Creator 2.4.1, and the below Qt SOAP add-on.

I will have a new Commercial license in the near future! Is this the right area to get help.

I'm looking for a real simple SOAP example project and/or a few projects that I can run. Hopefully, they will work perfectly. I want to study them and build my own projects based on them.

Yes, I know that the SOAP library is no longer supported by the original developers. (Could you please explain to me how this will affect my SOAP code in the future.)

Anyway, I tried the below google example but it did not work! This example also comes with the Qt SOAP add-on tar file. There's also an easter and population example in the tar.
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/solutions/4/...e-example.html

I'm guessing, but the settings in the example's code are probably wrong for at least my PC. I determined this after I stepped through the code with the debugger and saw a non-existant path. When I ran the google example and entered values, it would always display "Query failed: XML parse Error" (which is a string in the project's code).

I downloaded the add-on from the below site and followed the install.txt file. I seemed to have difficulty with using make on the Makefile. There were a number of makes on my system (in downloaded Qt code) and I tried them all. Finally, I ended-up just opening the add-on examples.pro file in Creator. This brought up the GUI when I compiled and ran it. I noticed that the configure.bat file (a step in the install.txt file) just sets an environment variable.

Did I do something wrong in the installation of the Qt SOAP add-on, and can you walk me through the correct installation. I'm looking for all the detail that I can get. And, steps that are easy to repeat.

I downloaded the Qt SOAP add-on from:
    http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-solutions.../master/qtsoap

FYI: In the google example, I'm not worried about the Google API license because the code will accept any non-empty string.

Thank you,
    Chris
    P.S.: The Tools, Options, Build and Run menu option said I can use \QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-g++.exe. I don't know if I compiled with that though! Below is what is on my Qt compile window.

15:43:54: Running build steps for project examples...
    15:43:54: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    15:43:54: Starting: "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe"
    cd google\ && C:/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/google'
    C:/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Debug
    mingw32-make.exe[2]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/google'
    mingw32-make.exe[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
    mingw32-make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/google'
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/google'
    cd population\ && C:/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/population'
    mingw32-make.exe[2]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/population'
    mingw32-make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/population'
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/population'
    cd easter\ && C:/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/easter'
    mingw32-make.exe[2]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/easter'
    mingw32-make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/easter'
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/qt-solutions-qt-solutions-master/qt-solutions-qt-solutions/qtsoap/examples-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/easter'
    15:43:55: The process "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited normally.
    Last edited by ChrisL1234; 4th June 2012 at 21:57.