Thread: Starting all over

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Starting all over

Hi everyone, long time no see...

im having the same problems i had before trying to load the OCI driver...when doing mingw32-make as the documentation of Qt indicates, i get the following error:

C:\QtSDK\QtSources\4.8.1\src\plugins\sqldrivers\oc i>mingw32-make
    mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/QtSources/4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldri
    vers/oci'
    g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -
    DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_DLL -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SQL_LIB -
    DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_H
    AVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\QtCor e"
    -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\QtSql " -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\m
    ingw\include" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\ActiveQt " -I"debug" -I"
    c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\mkspecs\default" -o debug\main.o main.cpp
    In file included from main.cpp:44:
    ../../../sql/drivers/oci/qsql_oci.h:47:46: error: QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult
    _p.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from main.cpp:44:
    ../../../sql/drivers/oci/qsql_oci.h:68: error: expected class-name before '{' to
    ken
    ../../../sql/drivers/oci/qsql_oci.h:80: error: 'ValueCache' has not been declare
    d
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug/main.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/QtSources/4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldriv
    ers/oci'
    mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2
    Apparently it seems that mingw cannot load this driver...because i tried doing the same with QODBC and it worked perfectly

I need to use the Oracle database thats why i need to load the OCI driver

Thanks in advance

///--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I followed the steps from this thread, but now the errors im getting are from Visual C++:

Runtime library-

this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Is this because i didnt build the driver? i just copied the files from my last project because i could get past the error posted before.
    Last edited by KillGabio; 16th January 2013 at 18:34.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Starting all over

Where did you get the Qt sources? Why is QtSql/private/qsqlcachedresult_p.h missing and what else is?
    Have you tried fetching the Qt 4.8.1 sources separately and using those?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I used this file to install everything: "QtSdk-online-win-x86-v1_2_1" (the link was posted on another thread by wyso)

Actually everything from this SKD works fine except when i try to generate the files of QOCI.

Apparently they are not for a MinGW compiler, as i read so far. I fount the files from the previous project and i pasted them as said in the thread I posted earlier so it worked.

I found the file you ask but apparently not where it should be. What do you mean by fetching the sources separately?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

The error you have is because the Qt plugin code is not finding another part of the Qt library code: no direct relationship to the Oracle code/library. There are a number of bugs related to "missing" private headers in the Qt bug tracker (including this one in particular). You might get past this by amending the include line in qsql_oci.h to find the local copy of the file, or by temporarily placing a copy under "c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include" in the correct location.

I cannot vouch for the headers of the OCI library and their compatibility with MingW. The OCI library has a C-language interface and should work fine with MinGW, but you need to get that far first.

5. The following user says thank you to ChrisW67 for this useful post:

KillGabio (17th January 2013)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

occivc10_11202_win32_readme.pdf

I followed all the steps from that pdf, plus the ones from the documentation of QT (http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/sql-driver.html#qoci) I dont understand why i cannot run mingw32-make without errors.