Thread: Qt creator application not display in Grayhill GHI270

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qt creator application not display in Grayhill GHI270

Im having "Grayhill GHI270" device having arm5vtel processor and trying to run qt creator project in it. For that i cross compiled qt creator (Qt version 5.5.0) using Angstrom cross compiler (http://web.archive.org/web/201308231...rg/toolchains/).

After cross compilation if i execute the cross compiled Qt creator application , the application is executing fine but Qt creator display pop up not coming. I need your help to resolve this issue.

I tried export QWS_DISPLAY = "LinuxFb :/ dev/fb0" also. The executable is running fine but only the display issue. Please guide me what are the dependencies / library files neede to display the application.

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Im having "Grayhill GHI270" device having arm5vtel processor and trying to run qt creator project in it. For that i cross compiled qt creator (Qt version 5.5.0) using Angstrom cross compiler (http://web.archive.org/web/201308231...rg/toolchains/).

After cross compilation if i execute the cross compiled Qt creator application , the application is executing fine but Qt creator display pop up not coming. I need your help to resolve this issue.

I tried export QWS_DISPLAY = "LinuxFb :/ dev/fb0" also. The executable is running fine but only the display issue. Please guide me what are the dependencies / library files neede to display the application.

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt creator application not display in Grayhill GHI270

QWS_DISPLAY sounds like it is for QWS, an early Qt4 embedded backend.

Since you say (three times no less) that you are using Qt5, maybe it doesn't change anything because there is no QWS backend in Qt5?

Also, if you intend to run QtCreator on the target, i.e. develop on that machine, why cross compile?
    You need a development setup on that machine anyway, no?

Cheers,
    _