Thread: Move command

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Move command

i am using Qt application ...in that i added windows move command after moving files move command window is appearing i want to hide move command window ...

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Move command

Let me try to turn this thread into a more constructive interaction than the previous ones you started. My objective in doing so is to get you to learn something rather than being fed a solution.

So, your application has a window you want to hide. Can you tell us more about about this window? What Qt class is it an instance of? Have you read the documentation of this class? If not, please do it. What methods have you found in the documentation that look promising to achieve your goal?

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

it is an windows 8 command prompt

i want to hide that command prompt

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

What does this terminal window have to do with your application? Is it running a console program that you start from your application, e.g. with a QProcess? Do you want to hide the window, so that it continues running the program without cluttering the desktop, or do you want to terminate the program? Wy do you run the process in a terminal window in the first place?

Please describe the situation. You should be the one writing detailed posts.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

to move files from one folder to another folder is used move command in qt gui appears and then after moves file from onefolder to another folder the window command prompt is displaying.....

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I have no idea what you mean, so I can only provide generic advice: Qt has no facility to hide an arbitrary window belonging to another application; you should search the Win32 API for a solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by mouni View Post
    to move files from one folder to another folder is used move command in qt gui appears and then after moves file from onefolder to another folder the window command prompt is displaying.....
    So to avoid showing a command prompt when you use a move command, stop using the move command and move files using means other than by issuing a move command in the shell.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

how to move files from one folder to another in qt with out using window command

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by mouni View Post
    how to move files from one folder to another in qt with out using window command
    People already gave you pointers when you asked the same question in a previous thread. Keep ignoring their answers, and they will ignore your questions.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

If I think back over the many posts the OP has made, I am starting to realize that perhaps what we really have here is a severe difficulty in comprehending the huge volume of English-language Qt documentation. Appreciating that "rename" is a synonym for "move" (or even that QFile is the appropriate place to look for such a method) might be a subtlety we are taking for granted but which presents a huge obstacle to the OP. Even getting the post (or repost) into a form where we can understand the root of the problem seems to be a problem in itself.

I am myself guilty of impatience, but maybe if we focused on giving a specific answer to the question as best we understand it, we'd be spared some of these infinitely looping threads.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Agreed, limited English reading and writing skills are a major obstacle to new Qt programmers. I am happy to contribute answers as long as I feel that the posters are really trying to learn something new, if only to improve their English communication or C++ skills. Unless knowledge in these domains is infinite, this should ensure that all threads eventually terminate .