Thread: Data recovery library in QT?

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Data recovery library in QT?

I am planning on build a data recovery app on my own. Does anyone know is there any library for that purpose thanks?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: Data recovery library in QT?

If you are talking about data recovery for disk failures or similar, I doubt there are any Qt libraries for that purpose, as you will normally be working with the raw disk reading/writing sectors, inodes, etc. You will likely have to use the host OS raw (and privileged) access methods to accessing raw disk devices.

I assume you've already googled for data recovery libraries. If you find any that are written in C and portable that will compile on multiple OS's, you could easily write a Qt library wrapper for the native C library or just use the C library functions from your Qt application.

Good luck.
    I write the best type of code possible, code that I want to write, not code that someone tells me to write!

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Quote Originally Posted by jefftee View Post
    If you are talking about data recovery for disk failures or similar, I doubt there are any Qt libraries for that purpose, as you will normally be working with the raw disk reading/writing sectors, inodes, etc. You will likely have to use the host OS raw (and privileged) access methods to accessing raw disk devices.

I assume you've already googled for data recovery libraries. If you find any that are written in C and portable that will compile on multiple OS's, you could easily write a Qt library wrapper for the native C library or just use the C library functions from your Qt application.

Good luck.
    Thanks you very much for the kindly response. I just decompile one of similar products(demo) and found it built with QT that's reason why i asked here. I will figure it out myself as you guided.

Quote Originally Posted by bruakerche View Post
    I am planning on build a data recovery app on my own. Does anyone know is there any library for that purpose thanks?
    great, and more research needed

Thanks you very much for the kindly response. I just decompile one of similar products(demo) and found it built with QT that's reason why i asked here. I will figure it out myself as you guided.
    Another similar product: data recovery app

Good luck, hope you figure it out! Do let us know how it turns out. :-)

Any update on your data recovery app?

It must be a great job if you can build a data recovery app, it is difficlut to develop but really useful for users who lose data.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Android

Great job. Any update on your data recovery app?