Thread: Is Qt creator executable directly execute on ARM board

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Is Qt creator executable directly execute on ARM board

Actually i need to run QT creator executable in ARM board.So that i installed QT creator in my system in which it having i386 processor. so i cross compiled QT creator executable using "Angstrom cross compiler tool chain" in my system itself. After making QT creator executable file i copied that executable file using pen drive and placed in ARM board .

Now if i execute that file like "./test -qws" . It's given the error like "QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts - is Qt installed correctly?" . For that i just make a directory in ARM board like " /usr/lib/fonts" but not copied any font file in the directory.After that again if i execute "./test -qws" , its is not giving any error and also it is not displayed on the board.The display is just blinking while execute but no response after that . Is it any other procedure i have to follow to display while execute.Guide me,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Is Qt creator executable directly execute on ARM board

Hmm, if you intend to use the ARM device as the system you do development on, maybe it is better to compile the IDE right there as well.

That way you ensure that all tools are built for that platform, not just the libraries as it would be the case for the common cross-compiling setup.

Cheers,
    _

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default QT creator executable not working on target board

Actually i need to execute Qt creator executable on ARM board. So that i installed Qt creator in my system which is having debian linux with i386 processor.

my target system having debian linux with arm processor.So that i cross compiled using angstrom cross compiler tool chain and copied using pen drive to target system.

While i executing first time on ARM board it given error for some library files missing.So i copied that also, now my executable file is executing properly but in board display Qt dialog is not visible.Only one line is coming.

so that i tried to export like "export QWS_DISPLAY = LinuxFb: mmWidth480: mmHeight272: 0 " in target (ARM board) but the same result.So their is any seperate library required to display GUI on target board.Guide me