Thread: QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused

Because "the Q_WS_* macros have been removed" in QT5
    when I try to run export QT_QPA_EGLFS_FB=”/dev/fb0″ and try to execute the application like "./test12 -platform eglfs " without giving -qws at the end I get this error:

"QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused".

How can I resolve this problem?

Also im having some doubts like,

1. i refered other forums for this same problems and they asked like Have you played with LD_DEBUG-environmnt variable? . what is LD_DEBUG-environmnt variable? how can i configure that?

2. What is eglfs? how to configure/install it. Whether i have to configure/install in qt creator or in target?

3. why the error "QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused". is coming. What is the meaning of this error.
    Last edited by shivcena; 3rd November 2015 at 17:19. Reason: updated contents

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused

Quote Originally Posted by shivcena View Post
    Because "the Q_WS_* macros have been removed" in QT5
    Totally unrelated.
    The Q_WS_ defines were used to compile-time detect the window system (WS), e.g. X11, Windows, etc.

Qt5 only uses Q_OS_ defines to detect the operating system (OS), GUI integration is handled via QPA (Qt Platform Abstraction) plugins.

when I try to run export QT_QPA_EGLFS_FB=”/dev/fb0″ and try to execute the application like "./test12 -platform eglfs " without giving -qws at the end I get this error:

"QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused".
    How did you get this? There is no QWS (Qt Window System) in Qt5.

1. i refered other forums for this same problems and they asked like Have you played with LD_DEBUG-environmnt variable? . what is LD_DEBUG-environmnt variable? how can i configure that?
    http://www.bnikolic.co.uk/blog/linux-ld-debug.html

2. What is eglfs? how to configure/install it. Whether i have to configure/install in qt creator or in target?
    EGL Full Screen is one of the QPAs used for embedded Linux.
    It uses EGL to provide the setup for a single fullscreen window.
    Your target needs to have EGL and your target's Qt needs to have the EGLFS QPA built and available.

3. why the error "QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused". is coming. What is the meaning of this error.
    The application cannot connect to the Qt Window Server, a graphics system provided by Qt4 for embedded Linux.
    How you managed to get that from a Qt5 application is puzzling.

Cheers,
    _

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: QWSSocket::connectToLocalFile could not connect:: Connection refused

if i go to Qt creator Help-->About Qt Creator option it is telling that "Qt Creator 3.4.2 (opensource) Based on Qt 5.5.0 (GCC 4.9.1 20140922 (Red Hat 4.9.1-10), 64 bit) ) , So is this Qt version of 5 or 3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

if i go to Qt creator Help-->About Qt Creator option it is telling that "Qt Creator 3.4.2 (opensource) Based on Qt 5.5.0 (GCC 4.9.1 20140922 (Red Hat 4.9.1-10), 64 bit) ) , So is this Qt version of 5 or 3
    Which part of Based on Qt 5.5.0 is confusing?

Also there is not version of QtCreator based on Qt3.

Cheers,
    _