Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Question How the Qt-Apps.org are used?

Hello, I found a project created in Qt
    http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/...content=115343

But I do not know how to use widgets in QtDesigner, I set in PyQt and do not know programming in C++

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How the Qt-Apps.org are used?

So if you don't know C++, then why are you downloading C++ Qt projects? And what do you expect us to do? Port this C++ code to Python for you?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    So if you don't know C++, then why are you downloading C++ Qt projects? And what do you expect us to do? Port this C++ code to Python for you?
    @d_stranz The graphical interface is created in C++ (Qt) but I want to program behavior with Python.
    I need the expandable widget (QIrExpanderBox) that show the link.

115343-1.jpg

This widget you can not create in QtDesigner and there are no PyQT projects that have that widget QIrExpanderBox.
    But if it is possible to create the widget with PyQt or QtDesigner, it is welcome documentation.

Added after 35 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    a widget so I need
    115342-1.jpg
    Last edited by curiosport; 10th April 2016 at 23:32.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

This widget is part of an entire library of widgets (QIron) and is meant to be used along with that library. It inherits from QIrWidget, which is another widget in that library, and uses QIrExpander, which is still another widget in the library. So you cannot use it stand-alone.

Not only that, but this library was written using Qt 4.7 and it has not been updated since 2009. So if your version of PyQt is based on a later version of Qt, then you will have to port the whole library to this version. If you don't know C++, you will have to learn it.

The library comes with a plugin that will let you use the library widgets inside of Qt Designer. However, you will have to also port this plugin to use the same version (and C++ compiler) that was used to build your version of Qt Designer. You will have to learn enough C++ to be able to do this also.

If you don't have a C++ development environment installed, you will have to find and install one that is compatible with your Qt Designer version at a minimum, and also that is compatible with the C++ compiler that was used to build the Qt DLLs you are using with PyQt. These could be different, since Qt Creator and Qt Designer are built to be independent of the Qt version they are distributed with and might be built with different compilers or compiler versions.

So basically, if you don't know C++ and don't know how to use C++ development tools, trying to use C++-based components for non-C++ development will be very difficult unless you have help.

5. The following user says thank you to d_stranz for this useful post:

curiosport (12th April 2016)