I am running Creator 3.6.1 on CentOS 6. I previously had Creator 3.5.1 installed with Qt 5.5.1 but recently Creator 3.5.1 kept crashing out on me while editing code, so I downloaded and installed 3.6.1. However, now, I cannot get Creator to work with GDB. I currently have GDB 7.11 installed in /usr/local/bin. When I review my Kits, it is pointed to my correct version of GCC and GDB and Qt. But everytime I try to run the debugger, I get the following error.
Adapter start failed

The gdb process failed to start. Either the invoked program "/usr/local/bin/gdb" is missing, or you may have sufficient permissions to invoke the program.
No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin is owned by root with directory permissions of 755 and gdb located in here is also owned by root with 755 permissions. So this should work. I can run gdb through the terminal window, but would prefer to use Creator's IDE for debugging. I am set to use the Debug build configuration and running ccmake on my build directory shows I am set up with the Debug build spec. I do see the -g flag in my build output also. Any ideas? The debugger still works with Creator 3.5.1, so I don't know what is wrong.