Thread: question about xmpp (different question)

davinciomar Guest

Default question about xmpp (different question)

Hi i could compile xmpp now. But i did my static build in qt and when i run; qt show the same error:
    Not found....
    I did this configuration
    configure -static -platform win32-g++ -prefix “C:\Qt\Qt5_static” -debug-and-release -opensource -confirm-license -nomake examples -nomake tests -nomake tools -opengl desktop -no-angle -qt-sql-sqlite -make libs -qt-zlib -qt-pcre -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-freetype

mingw32-make -k -j4

mingw32-make -k install

Maybe i need to do Something to include xmpp or Something??
    some suggestion is good received thx

Picture when i compiled with static build:
    https://i.imgsafe.org/2c4d446d35.png
    Last edited by davinciomar; 28th August 2016 at 13:14.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: question about xmpp (different question)

"use of incomplete type" means that the compiler doesn't know that class.

Coud be a missing include or you could have built Qt without SSL support.

Cheers,
    _

P.S.: It would be nice if you could switch from posting links to barely usefu images to posting actual compiiler output.

davinciomar Guest

i forgot to use -openssl-linked in my command configure .. i will check again thx for your help and i will share with us the result

davinciomar Guest

Question Re: question about xmpp (different question)

i tried to put openssl but not works for me open ssl impossible xd

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Do you know -anything- about C++, or are you simply trying to blindly follow some instructions you have found posted somewhere?

As anda_skoa said "use of incomplete type" means that in your code the class "QSslSocket" has been declared, but the header file with the full definition of the class has not been #included-ed before the place where your code tries to use the class. Maybe you have a QSslSocket variable declared as part of your class, or maybe you are calling "new QSslSocket()".

You need to put "#include <QSslSocket>" in your code before you try to use the class. You may also need to add "QT += network" to your .pro file to tell qmake where to find the header.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

davinciomar Guest

yes i know but with openssl i could add to my build static of qt and i fix this bugs too i didnt need to include the library because i need many features mores included in openssl

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

You obviously do not understand the difference between compiling source code and linking object code. Compiling has absolutely nothing to do with libraries, whether they are static or dynamic. Using openssl as a static library or as a dynamic library will not fix a compiling error. The error you posted last was a compile time error.

You also don't appear to have any idea how to link object code using shared libraries, or how to deliver an executable program along with all of the dynamic libraries it requires. Thus you waste a huge amount of time rebuilding (over and over, apparently) the Qt distribution into static libraries.

I give up on you. You aren't interested in learning how to be a good Qt developer, you just want to take your giant hammer and pound on your project until it finally runs.
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

davinciomar Guest

ups sorry man you are right i need to learn the basic things first thanks for your advice and sorry again; i am interesting to be a nice developer in qt only i was starting with some Project that maybe it is high level for me. I am newbie so maybe i didnt take the best way or i need to think before to ask. Anyways sorry for all i am interesting again and sorry for all the incoveniences. Thx a lot for your help

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

only i was starting with some Project that maybe it is high level for me.
    Yes, I think so too. You need to learn to walk before you can run. I am sorry if I was a little bit rude.

Qt has very good documentation and many example projects and tutorials. I think it would help you if you study some of them and try to build them yourself. Once you have something working and understand the procedures, then maybe you can have more success in your own projects.

davinciomar Guest

I did many mistakes.
    All problems has one explication. I was trying randomly.
    For example the qxmpp doesnt exist how you said i solved with:
    INCLUDEPATH += "C:\Users\moh\Downloads\qxmpp\src\client"

Including the path of the sources.
    Other thing, the difference between compiling source code and linking object code. I think, i did big mistake here. It is solved.

Thanks.