Thread: Initialize my container of Qwt plots to a certain size?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Initialize my container of Qwt plots to a certain size?

I'm trying to generate some 1600x1000 plots which are multi-panel Qwt plots, similar to the plot matrix example. I am using a QFrame as my container object which has a QGridLayout for its layout. In my GUI, I put the QFrame into a QScrollArea so the user can scroll the plot if it is too big, and everything works pretty well.

Now, I want to export the entirety of the QFrame to a 1600x1000 plot without scaling so I don't lose resolution. In other words, I want to render it to this size, rather than rescale.

What is the best way to do this? I feel like I have tried a variety of setGeometry and setMinimumSize and nothing seems to change. Even trying a setGeometry on the simple examples like Friedberg I can't get it to change size.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks,
    Joey

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Initialize my container of Qwt plots to a certain size?

For the text above I have no clue, what your want to achieve.

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Initialize my container of Qwt plots to a certain size?

Fair enough. Let me try again.

I have a QScrollArea container which contains a QFrame which is similar to the plotmatrix.h in playground/plotmatrix. Each element of my plot matrix is an independent Qwt plot. By putting the whole plot matrix into a QScrollArea, I can create a really large plot which the user can scroll around to see letting Qwt determine the best size for each of the plots. However, now, I would like to constrain the QScrollArea to a particular size. I find if I constrain my QFrame using setFixedSize, it works pretty well! Qt (or Qwt?) will size things down fairly well; however, if the plot is really too big, it will clip the bottom or size plots funny.

I guess my real question is, how do I best constrain the size of the qwt plot to make a better layout? Or am I doing this all wrong? I admit I don't understand the layout mechanism that well and the default sizing seems to work most of the time, except when it does not! I was hoping others had ventured into this area!

Thanks,
    Joey