Thread: why do I need to manualy edit .ui to make Mainwindow slot visible to other senders

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default why do I need to manualy edit .ui to make Mainwindow slot visible to other senders

I use Qt Creator for majority of signal-to-slot assignments

In the case of having 2 buttons in MainWindow , with very similar actions I wanted the second of the buttons to trigger the button1-on-click slot of the first one.

Then in the on_click slot I would distinguish by sender()->ObjectName

I used to to this many times - now ( maybe new qt creator version) I cannot see the slot of the first slot in the Mainwidow slots list.
    I edited mainwidow.h to move the button1-on-click slot to 'public slots' of MainWindow and rebuilt the project but still this slot did not appear in the list of MainWindows slots .

I found that on the bottom of MainWindow.ui there's a section :
    </connections>
    <slots>
    <slot>something-on-click()</slot>
    </slots>
    </ui>

By manualy adding <slot>button1-on-click()</slot> to this section I finally got this slot to appear i the list of MainWindow slots i the "signal/slot" editor.

Why do I need to manually add it - I think in the older QT creator I could see all MainWindow slots by default eve without taggint them as public slots in the header file.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: why do I need to manualy edit .ui to make Mainwindow slot visible to other sender

1. UI file does not know anything about H file.
    2. Rename slot to on_button1_clicked and read about QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName.
    3. Don't edit manualy UI files.