Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Qwt 6.1.3 "Plugin verification data mismatch" with Qt Creator 3.6.1

Hello to everyone,
    this is my first post on the community.

I downloaded and rebuilt Qwt following this helpful HowTo and this document on my Win7 machine.
    I understood that
    The Designer plugin and the corresponding Qwt library ( if the plugin has not been built self containing ) have to be compatible with Qt version of the application loading it ( usually the Qt Creator ) - what is often a different version of the Qt libraries you want to build your application with. F.e on Windows the Qt Creator is usually built with a MSVC compiler - even if included in a MinGW package !
    this is the reason why I built Qwt with VS2008.
    But probably this is the wrong compiler (since I get "Plugin verification data mismatch" message with Qt Creator 3.6.1).
    I downloaded a prebuilt version of Qt 4.8.4 + Qt Creator for Windows from here, so I thought VS2008 was the right compiler.

Could someone tell me which is the right compiler that I should use to build Qwt?

Thanks in advance

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qwt 6.1.3 "Plugin verification data mismatch" with Qt Creator 3.6.1

Quote Originally Posted by vix View Post
    Could someone tell me which is the right compiler that I should use to build Qwt?
    First of all: your question is about the designer plugin only - for building the library itself there is no argument for using any specific compiler only because of Qwt.

Concerning the designer plugin an often overlooked option is simply not to build it. It is useful for the controls, but when you are only interested in the plotting parts of Qwt, there is not too much value in it.

Otherwise there is unfortunately no better answer than, that the plugin needs to be binary compatible with the application loading it ( designer or creator ).
    Concerning the Creator version you have tried I can imagine, that the mismatch might be because it has been build with Qt4 and you are probably building Qwt with Qt5 ?

Of course the best way to avoid any conflicts is building Creator and Qwt yourself. Then you will never have any hassle with incompatibilities.

Uwe

3. The following user says thank you to Uwe for this useful post:

vix (11th October 2017)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Smile Re: Qwt 6.1.3 "Plugin verification data mismatch" with Qt Creator 3.6.1

Hello Uwe,
    thank you very much for your explanation.
    You're right, and the only issue is with the plugin.

I can run the supplied Qwt examples under Windows 7, so I'm going to forget about the plugin.

vix