Thread: Qt 5.7 mingw 5.3 windows mariadb 10.2

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Qt 5.7 mingw 5.3 windows mariadb 10.2

Hi everybody, it's been 10 hours i try and search around on the web what i should do to make it work but nothing. Like i wrote in the title , i wish to connect to my mariadb. Some people may say, why you don't use mysql or anything else? so the reason is my server use mariadb and it's my goal to connect my software to my online database

1.png

2.png

4.jpg

3.jpg

Qt Code:
    1. QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
    2. QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL QMYSQL3 QODBC QODBC3 QPSQL QPSQL7
    3. Database error occurred
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I only need a clue where to start. I read so much docs, i really need a tips please.

Thanks a lot

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt 5.7 mingw 5.3 windows mariadb 10.2

i wish to connect to my mariadb. Some people may say, why you don't use mysql or anything else? so the reason is my server use mariadb and it's my goal to connect my software to my online database
    I don't understand.
    You explicitly write you are not interested in using MySql, yet you configured your project to connect to MySql.
    Why?

Also, this is not Qt question.
    I don't know anything about mariadb, but my guess it that there is a library out there that offers API to access mariadb.
    You need to link to that library, use its API to access your mariadb.
    Forums that are dedicated to mariadb probably will be more helpful to you.

Also, don't post screenshots of your code, pose it in as text in code tags - this will make it easier for people who want to answer you with code based on your code.
    ==========================signature=============== ==================
    S.O.L.I.D principles (use them!):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOLID_...iented_design)

Do you write clean code? - if you are TDD'ing then maybe, if not, your not writing clean code.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt 5.7 mingw 5.3 windows mariadb 10.2

According to the MariaDB web site, MariaDB databases are supposed to be binary compatible with MySQL databases of the same version, so presumably a MySQL driver should be able to open and read them. The OP may need to install a MariaDB connector or a MySQL connector library. Like MySQL, it is not sufficient to have only the Qt-side driver, you also need the database-side driver that QMYSQL connects to.

Edit: BTW, you will probably have to build this connector from source code unless there is already a pre-built version for mingw 5.3. A version built using MS Visual Studio's compiler probably will not be compatible with a mingw executable.
    Last edited by d_stranz; 23rd March 2018 at 19:25.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.