Thread: Qt 4.3.3 Open Source for Windows - Strange QMake fault/error /bug ??

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt 4.3.3 Open Source for Windows - Strange QMake fault/error /bug ??

On my windows system, I have Mingw32, and QT 4.3.3 open source which I compiled using mingw32.
    I used QDevelop to generate a new project but this project does not build - there seems to be a problem with the way Qmake uses the \ and / seperators. in file names and in rule names.
    Here is an extract from the Debug makefile to show what I mean:

$(DESTDIR_TARGET): build\ui_mainwindow.h build\ui_newfile.h $(OBJECTS)
    $(LINK) $(LFLAGS) -o $(DESTDIR_TARGET) $(OBJECTS) $(LIBS)

further down the makefile it says:

build/ui_mainwindow.h: ui/mainwindow.ui
    c:\qt_compiled\4.3.3\qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.3\bin\uic.exe ui\mainwindow.ui -o build\ui_mainwindow.h

This causes mingw32 to report:
    *** No rule to make target `build\ui_mainwindow.h'

has anyone else found this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: Qt 4.3.3 Open Source for Windows - Strange QMake fault/error /bug ??

Are you able to compile a Hello World example from command line? Do you by any chance have Visual Studio installed? If so, try removing LIB and INCLUDE environment variables.
    J-P Nurmi

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.3.3 Open Source for Windows - Strange QMake fault/error /bug ??

Hello jpn,
    I did originally have VisualStudioExpress 9.0 on the system - but that interfered with the compile of Qt4.
    I did remove it - and as much of the bits that it left behind as much as possible.

I can build the samples from the command line - but they have all the files (cpp, h, and ui) all together in the same directory - so the problem does not happen.

(at the moment I have changed the UI directory of the QDevelop project to be the same as the other files - so the problem doesn't happen).

But I'm still intrigued.......