Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default QT/Win 4.1.1 with VisualStudio2005 Newbie

I am a total newbie. Today I installed:

Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition
    Qt 4.1.1 (qt-win-commercial-4.1.1-vs2003)
    Visual Studio Integration (qt-vsintegration-1.1.1)

Since the installation instructions on the Trolltech website started off saying to change the license filename to ".qt-license" (which makes no sense to me in a windows environment), I ignored all the installation notes and just let the installer wizards chun away.

Things seemed to go pretty well. I found the path environment variables setup automatically even though I was supposed to manually set it, the license filename unchanged seems ok, etc.

So I happily launched Visual Studio, and was greeted with lots of Qt help, and a nice introductory tutorial project called "addressbook". Yeay! Created the "addressbook" project as instructed. Yeay! But it does not compile. Rats! Output window shows the following:

Moc'ing addressbook.h...
    Uic'ing addressbook.ui...
    Compiling...
    moc_addressbook.cpp
    c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\GeneratedFiles\debug\moc_addressbook.cpp': No such file or directory
    main.cpp
    d:\workdirs\visualstudio\projects\addressbook\addr essbook\addressbook.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ui_addressbook.h': No such file or directory
    addressbook.cpp
    d:\workdirs\visualstudio\projects\addressbook\addr essbook\addressbook.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ui_addressbook.h': No such file or directory
    Generating Code...

I attach the entire build log as a text file for more info. Any advice to a newbie trying to get started? Seems like "moc.exe" never generated "moc_addressbook.cpp'" for reasons I assume to be related to environment variables or directory settings.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files