Thread: Calling a slot/function immediately after the a Window is shown

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Calling a slot/function immediately after the a Window is shown

Hi,
    Can you guys tell me how to call a slot just after a window is being shown (must be complete and visible) to the user? I tried overriding setVisible() or handling showEvent() but they are both called before the window is fully shown not afterwards.I actually want an intro animation to begin immediately after the window is shown to the user. My current hack involves using showEvent to trigger a singleShot timer that in turn starts the animation 500 ms after the showEvent is handled. I am not satisfied with the result though. When the window is created in under 500ms, then the animation will lag behind and when it takes longer the animation is already finished when the window is visible to the user. Very ugly! Any solutions?

Thanks in advance
    momesana

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Calling a slot/function immediately after the a Window is shown

Yep I've read the documentation. What I am really trying to do is to animate the icons in kickoff's tabbar in KDE4. When I click on the start-menu icon Kickoff is made visible. The tabbar is a child of the window so actually I am checking the tabbar's showEvent not the one belonging to the window. Thus it's an internal show event, and to be honest I don't want to modify other classes except the TabBar. Any other ideas :-( ?
    Last edited by momesana; 14th February 2009 at 20:14.