Thread: Need help in installing Qt-embedded 4.5(on linux fedora 8)

My spaceship needs repairs..so, I am stuck on beautiful earth
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Red face Need help in installing Qt-embedded 4.5(on linux fedora 8)

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to install Qt-embedded in my Linux Fedora 8 desktop PC(package name is "qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.0-tp1.tar.gz")
    I followed the steps in the installation doc...started with the configure script,then ran 'gmake' and finally 'gmake install'...it's not showing any errors so, I assume that till now things are ok. Now,as per the installation doc--
    As I have a bash shell,I should add the following line-
    PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.5.0-tp1/bin:$PATH
    export PATH to .profile

So,I added the above line in my 'projects.pro' file in the qt-embedded package I had downloaded.
    Now,my questions are:
    1)Do I have to paste the line (PATH=/usr....) at some specific point in the projects.pro file?
    I just pasted it at the end of the file.More importantly,am I supposed to paste it in the projects.pro file or are they meaning some other .profile

2) After adding the above,what do I do ?
    Do I run qmake,make again (cause I changed the .pro file) or, is this it?
    (update)Did try running qmake,shows-
    [root@localhost qt-embedded]# qmake projects.pro
    /root/Desktop/qt-embedded/projects.pro:8: Parse Error ('export PATH')
    Error processing project file: projects.pro

3)Do I have to configure Qt embedded/qvfb or can I do without that for now(Also,I have Qt/X11 installed in the same PC so,do I need to do anything at all for 'qvfb')
    I tried running one of the demo examples 'browser' but, it's showing errors.
    Qt Code:
    1. networkaccessmanager.cpp:54:39: error: QtNetwork/QNetworkDiskCache: No such file or directory
    2. networkaccessmanager.cpp: In constructor ‘NetworkAccessManager::NetworkAccessManager(QObject*)’:
    3. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: ‘QNetworkDiskCache’ was not declared in this scope
    4. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: ‘diskCache’ was not declared in this scope
    5. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: expected type-specifier before ‘QNetworkDiskCache’
    6. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: expected `;' before ‘QNetworkDiskCache’
    7. networkaccessmanager.cpp:73: error: ‘CacheLocation’ is not a member of ‘QDesktopServices’
    8. networkaccessmanager.cpp:75: error: ‘setCache’ was not declared in this scope
    9. make: *** [networkaccessmanager.o] Error 1
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    I need to know if I made some mistake in the installation or is it something else.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by rishiraj; 20th March 2009 at 11:39.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Red face update...demos still not working

Hi again,
    I finally came to know that I am not supposed to paste the 'PATH=/usr/local...' to my projects.pro file but should be adding it to .profile found in 'home' directory.Now,I am a newbie to Linux so,I guess home directory for root is '/root'(I am logging in as root).
    I tried 'ls -a' inside root directory but didn't find any .profile...so I followed suggestions from the internet and created one.
    I added the PATH=/usr/... to my .profile and saved it in root directory.
    (I haven't yet configured 'qvfb' cause I haven't got a clear answer on my query about that till now.)
    So,now,when I try to run a demo 'textedit',I get the following errors------------------
    Qt Code:
    1. [root@localhost browser]# cd /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.5.0-tp1/demos/textedit
    2. [root@localhost textedit]# qmake textedit.pro
    3. [root@localhost textedit]# make
    4. g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I../../../Qt-4.4.3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../../Qt-4.4.3/include/QtCore -I../../../Qt-4.4.3/include/QtCore -I../../../Qt-4.4.3/include/QtGui -I../../../Qt-4.4.3/include/QtGui -I../../../Qt-4.4.3/include -I. -I. -o textedit.o textedit.cpp
    5. textedit.cpp:58:31: error: QTextDocumentWriter: No such file or directory
    6. textedit.cpp: In member function ‘bool TextEdit::fileSave()’:
    7. textedit.cpp:425: error: ‘QTextDocumentWriter’ was not declared in this scope
    8. textedit.cpp:425: error: expected `;' before ‘writer’
    9. textedit.cpp:426: error: ‘writer’ was not declared in this scope
    10. make: *** [textedit.o] Error 1
    11. [root@localhost textedit]#
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    ----------------------------------------------
    Seems like 'QTextDocumentWriter' a Qt embedded class is not found.I can't figure out what I have been doing wrong or if I missed some step in between(I did follow the installation guide).
    Would appreciate some help in resolving this issue.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rishiraj; 23rd March 2009 at 05:37.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Red face still not working

Hi again,
    ok,it's still not working but, I believe I am getting closer to solving the mystery.A member from the qt-embedded mailing list pointed out that it seemed like I was trying to compile with the wrong Qt version ,which became so obvious once I had a good look at the errors(I think from next time I will try to work out things a bit, before rushing here for help,saves a lot of embarassment ).
    Now,the question is, how do I change the settings so as to use 'qmake' associated with with Qt emb. 4.5....I did paste the 'PATH=/usr/local...export PATH' in .profile in my root directory.(please see the details in the second post)
    Hope someone will be able to help.
    Thanks.