Thread: problems editing rows in a QTableView

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default problems editing rows in a QTableView

I am new to Qt and SQL, so please bear with me. I have been able to connect to a database and view it through the use of QSqlRelationalTableModel and QTableView. I am now trying to hook up code to a button for inserting a new row, or deleting a selected row. I have tested my SQL statements with the SQLite command line interpreter for both inserting and deleting. When I execute the QSqlQuery to do the same thing as what I typed on the command line, I see the wrong behavior. For example, when I want to "INSERT INTO...", not one row but 2 rows are inserted!

The same problem exists when I go to delete a row, two rows are deleted. I've connected to the QTableView's clicked() signal, which passes a QModelIndex so that I can grab the index's row and perform a delete on that row. I hope I am correct when I say that I've noticed the rows are ORDERED BY SQLite's ROWID. So, I'm able to delete a specific ROWID based on the row index returned by the clicked() signal.

Again, I've tested my SQL commands in the interpreter and they work great. When I use the Qt SQL code, extra inserts and deletes occur. Is this a bug?

I would be open to using a different database implementation, but I don't know how to use those and I'm short on time. As a side note, how does one create a new database without using something like the SQLite command line tool? Can you write Qt code to create a new DB?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: problems editing rows in a QTableView

Most likely you have doubled connect() statements or one insertion/deletion is caused by your query and the second one by the model itself. Hard to verify that without seeing your code.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I thought about that. I used breakpoints in the debugger to verify that my callback is hit just once. Is it possible there is a bug in the SQLite driver? Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Exclamation Re: problems editing rows in a QTableView

Hi,
    We can trace the database driver using the qDebug staments in console output. Please put the staments line by line in Database driver creation.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by cyrfer View Post
    I used breakpoints in the debugger to verify that my callback is hit just once.
    Please provide a minimal compilable example reproducing the problem.

Is it possible there is a bug in the SQLite driver?
    It's very unlikely. People would have complaint about it years ago and in general issuing sql statements to sqlite works fine.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.