Thread: Windows CE 5.0 Application & Build errors

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Question Windows CE 5.0 Application & Build errors

Hi all,

I am using qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2 for Windows CE.

I have done my installation by the methods given in http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/install-wince.html and the compilation and build is success for Standard SDK (armv4i).

System : Windows XP SP3, qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2, VS 2005, SP1, Windows CE Standard SDK 5.0 (armv4i).

After that i have compiled some examples of textedit and hello program to target . When i execute the "exe" in my target it gave me an error stating "Application is not a valid Windows CE application". I figured out the solution by browsing,(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.qtce/1) that if cursor support is enabled this problem arises with mobile devices.

So i have to reconfigure the whole Qt with no cursor support but with "nmake" it gives an error.Please refer the attachment for errors.

But still i have the "qmake" in my bin location and i compiled same demos of textedit and hello. Now when i execute it in my target i have different error stating "Cannot find "Application Name" or one of its components. Make sure the path and file name are correct and all the required libraries are available". My libraries are kept in the same location of where my executable is placed (QtGuid4,QtGui4,Qtcore4,Qtcore4d,Qtmaind).

Please provide your support as i couldn't able to figure out the solution to rectify the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: Windows CE 5.0 Application & Build errors

Same problems here, seems to me that despite all the videos that say how easy it is to get QT to cross-compile for windows CE, it is still a major pain to setup in the first place.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    Same problems here, seems to me that despite all the videos that say how easy it is to get QT to cross-compile for windows CE, it is still a major pain to setup in the first place.

Hi thoth,

Any idea on the above error, did you solved it?

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi,

Try using -D QT_NO_CURSOR and -D QT_NO_DRAGANDDROP when configuring Qt. for example :

configure -platform win32-msvc2005 -xplatform wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005 -D QT_NO_CURSOR -D QT_NO_CLIPBOARD -D QT_NO_DRAGANDDROP -D QT_NO_ACCESSIBILITY -D QT_NO_SESSIONMANAGER

You may want to use -D QT_NO_ACCESSIBILITY -D QT_NO_SESSIONMANAGER -D QT_NO_CLIPBOARD as well. Because some Windows CE builds doesn't not have these features.

This will be the actual steps you have to do :

1- Open Visual Studio 2005 command prompt.
    2- Go to Qt directory.
    3- Run "nmake confclean" . This will take a minute or so.
    4- Run "configure -platform win32-msvc2005 -xplatform wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005 -D QT_NO_CURSOR -D QT_NO_CLIPBOARD -D QT_NO_DRAGANDDROP -D QT_NO_ACCESSIBILITY -D QT_NO_SESSIONMANAGER". This make take 5 to 10 minutes depending on your machine.
    5- Run "setcepaths wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005". Please do not forget that do not close Visual Studio Command prompt after this.
    6- Run "nmake".

You are done here. Don't forget to add C:\Qt\bin to system variable PATHS. (My Computer -> Right click and then Properties -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables -> In system variables find PATHS and add ;C:\Qt\bin; to the end of like. Qt path may be something else on your system. Write your actual Qt path. This can be done before going ahead to configure and compile Qt.