Hi,

I am brandy-spanking new to QT (and particularly QT Creator)

I have downloaded the latest, non-beta version of Creator for the Windows environment.

I am attempting to edit, build, and debug a previously written C++ application that targets (an embedded) device running linux.

I did the Creator install and then loaded the (again, previously developed) project file (.pro) --- it loaded wonderfully, all files are visible and it allows me to do some of the neat stuff like switch between the .cpp and .h. So I think the basis for my work is achieved.

Now we get to the trickier part.

The previous owner, developed and built the app on a linux box using typical command prompt mechanisms which include, of course, a Makefile.

And so we finally arrive at my question(s):

I note that Creator uses a 'qmake' of the form:
qmake.exe "C:/my_mainFolder/my_src/uimr.pro" -r -spec win32-g++

and then a call to mingw32-make.exe -w

====> If I want to "reproduce" the output of the command line (MakeFile) mechanisms do I replace one or both of the "standard" build commands above with something that points, instead, to the original MAKEFILE?

The MAKEFILE in question will without doubt have references to places that absolutely will not exist ... say, for example, "/etc" or "/tmp"

====> Is there any help in recreating the "old" MAKEFILE to one that the Windows environment can use to get the same resulting executable?

Is there any manner that allows me to run/debug the output of this build on Windows even though its targeting an embedded linux environment?

Thanks,