Thread: :: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status (Windows 7, Qt Creator 4.7)

Platforms
    Windows

Default :: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status (Windows 7, Qt Creator 4.7)

Hi,

Using Qt Creator 4.7 (fresh download SDK out of box), I cannot build a project that builds fine in both VC++ Express 2008 and VS 2010. I had to remove hash_map<> and change it to the more standard map, and , still, I receive this error message:

Compile output looks like this:

Starting: "C:/Qt/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" -w
    mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

C:/Qt/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug all

mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o debug\ChessBW.exe object_script.ChessBW.Debug -L"c:\Qt\lib" -L"c:\Qt\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4

mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/ChessBW-build-desktop'

Warning: .drectve `/manifestdependency:"type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT' version='9.0.21022.8' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b'" /DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"msvcprtd" /manifestdependency:"type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT' version='9.0.21022.8' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b'" /DEFAULTLIB:"MSVCRTD" /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES" ' unrecognized

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text[?realloc@?$QVector@PAD@@AAEXHH@Z]+0x19): undefined reference to `__security_cookie'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text[?realloc@?$QVector@PAD@@AAEXHH@Z]+0x240): undefined reference to `_CxxThrowException@8'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text[?realloc@?$QVector@PAD@@AAEXHH@Z]+0x3b1): undefined reference to `_CxxThrowException@8'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text$x+0xd): undefined reference to `@__security_check_cookie@4'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.text$x+0x17): undefined reference to `__CxxFrameHandler3'

c:\Qt\lib/qtmaind.lib(tmp/obj/debug_shared/qtmain_win.obj):(.data[??_R0?AVbad_alloc@std@@@8]+0x0): undefined reference to `??_7type_info@@6B@'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\ChessBW.exe] Error 1

mingw32-make: *** [debug-all] Error 2

The process "C:/Qt/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" exited with code %2.
    Error while building project ChessBW (target: Desktop)
    When executing build step 'Make'

I looked in other threads, but all of the responses propose things I cannot do. Typing in qmake into a terminal (I don't have a terminal in Windows 7), checking mingw32, changing the path to gcc to 4.4... I have no idea where to do these things from Qt Creator, which does not appear to have any knob where I can just switch or check these things. Please help!

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: :: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status (Windows 7, Qt Creator 4.7)

It seems you are using a makefile or a .pro file designed specifically for VS. Just look at the warnings related to VS runtime libraries. Run qmake, mingw32-make distclean, qmake and mingw32-make.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: :: error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status (Windows 7, Qt Creator 4.7)

"Run qmake, mingw32-make distclean, qmake and mingw32-make."

Thank you for your prompt reply, but...

...how do I "run"? I found a qmake EXE file in the Qt folder, and double-clicked on it, to no avail. Nothing happened. I couldn't find other executables.

As I said before, I'm not working in a terminal-ready environment, since I'm in Windows 7, so I can't just call up a linux kernel, navigate to some folder, and type run. I also don't know where the mingw32-make distclean executable is located. Please elaborate.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Qt Creator Build menu, Rebuild All. Or do it step at a time Clean All, Run qmake, Build All.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Or open "Qt Command Prompt" from start menu and learn something else than clicking icons. Are you a developer or a luser?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Platforms
    Windows

What an elitist remark. Not everybody knows the location of every function and command from birth.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

It's not about "every" unction or command. It's about principles of doing things. If you know how to use command line in general, it won't be a problem for you to type yet another command, especially if someone points you to it.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Halordain View Post
    What an elitist remark. Not everybody knows the location of every function and command from birth.
    Correct, but I think I'll be backed up when I state that most developers know how to open a command prompt and navigate to a directory to run some commands - even if they only know a handful of such commands; because there are a LOT of development tools out there which require such an environment. Not everything can be point and click, specially when developing applications (plus a lot of developers hate using the mouse, as it is so infrequently used).