Thread: macdeployqt errors

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default macdeployqt errors

When I tried to use macdeployqt using Qt 4.8, it came up with a bunch of errors. It works on my computer, but I don't know if it will work on computers without Qt installed system-wide. It also installed all of the Qt libs, is it safe to delete any that aren't mentioned in my .pro file? I only use core, GUI, xml and network. The errors are below:

ERROR: "strip: for architecture i386 object: /Users/hemimg/Programming/cathide/Cathide-build-desktop/CatHide.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqgif.dylib.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/libqgif.dylib malformed object (offset field of section 0 in LC_SEGMENT command 2 not past the headers of the file)
    "
    ERROR: ""
    ERROR: "strip: for architecture i386 object: /Users/hemimg/Programming/cathide/Cathide-build-desktop/CatHide.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqico.dylib.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/libqico.dylib malformed object (offset field of section 0 in LC_SEGMENT command 2 not past the headers of the file)
    "
    ERROR: "strip: for architecture i386 object: /Users/hemimg/Programming/cathide/Cathide-build-desktop/CatHide.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqjpeg.dylib.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/libqjpeg.dylib malformed object (offset field of section 0 in LC_SEGMENT command 2 not past the headers of the file)
    "
    ERROR: "strip: for architecture i386 object: /Users/hemimg/Programming/cathide/Cathide-build-desktop/CatHide.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqmng.dylib.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/libqmng.dylib malformed object (offset field of section 0 in LC_SEGMENT command 2 not past the headers of the file)
    "
    ERROR: "strip: for architecture i386 object: /Users/hemimg/Programming/cathide/Cathide-build-desktop/CatHide.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqtiff.dylib.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/libqtiff.dylib malformed object (offset field of section 0 in LC_SEGMENT command 2 not past the headers of the file)
    "

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: macdeployqt errors

This tool is really buggy: it can't recognize complex depends, can't determinate depends for custom dylibs/plugins.
    I make bundles by myself. Actually Qt generate correct bundle if app_bundle is present in CONFIG.
    I use otool & install_name_tool to make a bundle self-contained.
    Qt Assistant -- rocks!
    please, use tags [CODE] & [/CODE].

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X

running otool on my executable, it appears as thought everything is okay with regards to the references:

./CatHide.app/Contents/MacOS/CatHide:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 15.0.0)
    @loader_path/../Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Sparkle (compatibility version 1.5.0, current version 1.5.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit (compatibility version 45.0.0, current version 1038.36.0)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtXml.framework/Versions/4/QtXml (compatibility version 4.8.0, current version 4.8.2)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore (compatibility version 4.8.0, current version 4.8.2)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui (compatibility version 4.8.0, current version 4.8.2)
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/4/QtNetwork (compatibility version 4.8.0, current version 4.8.2)
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.9.0)
    /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 697.0.0)

I'm guessing this means it is safe to assume that I am ready to deploy and that I can delete the files from my bundle's Framework directory that aren't mentioned?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Yup, looks ok.
    You should not touch app.app/Contents/Frameworks if you want your app running on other machines.
    Qt Assistant -- rocks!
    please, use tags [CODE] & [/CODE].