Hello,

I am working on a project that requires data to be represented hierarchically. As I am new to the whole M/V/C paradigm, I am uncertain as to which QT class best suits my projects needs.

I've been exploring QT's examples, and three questions have come up. The first question is my main concern, although the other two confuse me somewhat.

1) QTreeWidgetItem appears to represent a row in a QTreeWidget; while QStandardItem appears to represent a cell in QStandardItemModel. Is this correct?

2) The documentation discourages subclassing QTreeWidget. Is this correct? (I've noticed a number of examples from the web that have subclassed QTreeWidget, so I just wanted to verify what the documentation says -- of course, providing a reason would be appreciated too!)

3) The documentation states that QTreeWidgets cannot have custom delegates. Is this true? (Again, I've seen many examples where a custome delegate has been used with a QTreeWidget.). However, I noted that the documentation says that a) You should not subclass QTreeWidget, and b) QTreeWidgets cannot have custom delegates.