Hi, I am using Qwt but having difficulty implementing some features for my plot and would appreciate some advice/tips.

The first is that I would like to vertically offset Qwt Plot Markers that occur on the same coordinates. As it currently stands any markers that share the same value are painted on top of each other, so if you have a yellow and red diamond on the same coordinates only one of them will appear in the plot. I would like to raise one of the markers vertically so it will reveal the other marker beneath it. I tried to simply increase the y value of the second marker, however that is not a suitable solution especially when you zoom in. Is there a method of partially raising a marker, so that it can reveal a marker beneath it?

Secondly, I have a set of symbols to denote different phases on the plot. I would like to include them in the legend even when they are absent from the graph. However, to do this currently I am creating QwtPlotMarker objects that are created solely for the purpose of setting their itemattribute legend to true. Is there a better method to add symbols to a QwtLegend than creating dummy plot markers?

Thanks for your time.