<alert comment="Qt newbie">

I've developed a freeware app with MFC for Windows, and want to convert it to use Qt4. Eventually, I want to port to Linux, Pocket-PC, and possibly for Mac.

I've never used MinGW, so my impression is that the easiest way for me to get "up to speed" with Qt4 is to install the 30 day commercial 4.3.2 trial for Visual C++ 7.1 (Visual Studio 2003). I've built several of the tutorial examples and been able to step around with the VC7.1 ide debugger, so the installation seems ok.

The app is fairly simple ... it uses a tree-widget, check-box-widgets, drop-down-combobox-widget, list-widget, basic menu, and rich-text-widget,

When I get to the point of releasing the app, I don't want to ship the large QtCore4.dll (1.5mb) and QtGui4.dll (6.2mb) with the application. My understanding is that I will want to statically link the application. I'm trying to get some ball-park idea of how large the resulting executable will be.

> But with the trial it's not possible to recompile Qt for static linking
I came across a thread with the above comment, so I wanted to check if there was a way to configure the 4.3.2 commercial trial to link statically.

</alert>