Thread: How to reuse qmake/make compiled files (.o moc*.o) ? Can it be possible ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default How to reuse qmake/make compiled files (.o moc*.o) ? Can it be possible ?

I explain it.
    I have a project with some ui's and some classes, this one uses MYDLL classes.
    I have another project with the same ui's and classes, but I uses the 'dll' classes directly, using a .pri file who has the correct headers and sources.
    ( I use this way to test the functions of my dll classes without compile the whole dll)

Ok, everytime I compile the project A or project B, I see Myproject1_buil_desktop and Myproject2_build_desktop. I think.... maybe I'm loosing my time because the moc and .o files are the same files ?
    How can I describe the both .pro files to use the .o and moc_*.o files ?
    (Maybe it does not can be possible)
    I expect I have explained my doubt.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: How to reuse qmake/make compiled files (.o moc*.o) ? Can it be possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by tonnot View Post
    maybe I'm loosing my time because the moc and .o files are the same files ?
    Maybe they are not?

How can I describe the both .pro files to use the .o and moc_*.o files ?
    You can create a third project and build all the shared files into a static library and link this library from your remaining two projects.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How to reuse qmake/make compiled files (.o moc*.o) ? Can it be possible ?

Thanks wy.
    I know I can build a dll, but I'm talking about the files used to have the GUI.
    I have two projects projectA and projectB, one of them are using 'myclasses' throught a DLL, the other uses them directly. I know I cant do anything with the dll elements, but whats about the 'main' files of all gui of my project? This gui is compounded by a few ui files (that are builded trought its .h and .cpp files ). I see moc_files*.o and files*.o in both folders projectA_build_desktop/release and projectB_build_destop/release.
    So the question is 'Can I do something to get some advantage of using the same .o files? (I imagine that compile times are going to be lower) How?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by tonnot View Post
    I know I can build a dll
    I didn't say anything about a dll. I gave you a precise answer to your question.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.