Docs say "Signals and slots are loosely coupled: A class which emits a signal neither knows nor cares which slots receive the signal". What if that was not what was desired? What if you had an emitting class that was to send messages to some arbitrary number of widgets. Say it was a socket class receiving messages over a lan and the messages were addressed each to go to some particular widget and you wanted the message passed using signals/slots. As each widget is created the signal/slot connection is setup and the widget then awaits possible incoming messages. What I don't see is how "emit" could be used to emit to a particular widget. From what I'm reading in the docs, it seems like there really isn't a way to place the burdon on the "emitter" to send things only to one target. Instead, when it emits it emits to all targets(widgets) and it's the widgets responsibility to decide if the message is meant for it? I hope I'm making sense....I can see how to connect a signal to many slots. Like connecting a number of wires from one source to many widgets. This serves the purpose of making the connections. But, I don't want to send a message to a widget that it wasn't intended for. My conundrum is that I don't see how to use signals/slots "connect" and/or "emit" syntax to do this????