Thread: Crosscompiling QT

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Crosscompiling QT

Hi all,
    i need to compile Qt libraries for Linux.
    In particular i need two kinds of compilation:
    - for the host machine, i need to compile to have the develop environment, so i need libraries and tools and compile applications for a target machine using a specific toolchain
    - for a target machine, where i want to download only final applications and related Qt libraries.
    Reading the documentation, i guess that:
    - i have to build the standard set of tools with configure and make for the host
    - i have to build the applications for the target using -spec option and build the libraries with configure -platform option (redirecting them in different folders).

Is ti possible to compile only the libraries for the target?
    Do i need to copy all the libraries or do i need others files?

Running a compiled application on the target i receive an error (libQtXml.s0.4: no such a file or directory). I copied this file into the $QTLIB folder but i receive the same message: do i need to do something else?

Thanks a lot !

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Crosscompiling QT

Hi all,
    i solved some of the problems mentioned in the previous message.
    Now my problem is that if i run the following command line:
    Qt Code:
    1. ./configure -platform linux-montavista -prefix target
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    i have:

Qt Code:
    1. ./configure: line 3084: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    2. ./configure: line 3085: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    3. ./configure: line 3086: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    4. ./configure: line 3087: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    5. ./configure: line 3088: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    6. ./configure: line 3089: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    7. ./configure: line 3090: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    8. ./configure: line 3091: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    9. ./configure: line 3092: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    10. ./configure: line 3093: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    11. ./configure: line 3094: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    12. ./configure: line 3095: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    13. ./configure: line 3096: /tmp/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/config.tests/unix/padstring: No such file or directory
    14. Creating qmake. Please wait...
    15. gmake: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

If i compile with the default options it is ok.
    Any idea?

Thanks !
    SteM