Hi, maybe you guys can help me out.

I'm new to QT (and C++) and am trying to create a SIGNAL/SLOT event which closes the current QApp and starts another .exe based on a QPushButton click() signal. But its not working correctly. I believe I have more than one error.

With the code I put below, I get an "Access violation reading location 0x00000000 error" when compiling, and the debug output reads "Object::connect: No such slot Lobby::StartGame(menuMap[buttonItor->second->GetTarget()])"

I've put what I think is the most relevant code below. Let me know if you need more info.

Qt Code:
  1. //Lobby.h
  3. class Lobby : public QApplication
  4. {
  5. Q_OBJECT
  7. public:
  8. Lobby::Lobby(int argc, char *argv[]) : QApplication(argc, argv){}
  9. ~Lobby(){}
  10. void LoadMenus();
  12. public slots:
  13. void StartGame(QString target);
  15. };
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Qt Code:
  1. //Lobby.cpp
  3. void Lobby::StartGame(QString target)
  4. {
  5. QProcess startGame;
  6. startGame.execute(target);
  7. }
  9. void Lobby::LoadMenus()
  10. {
  12. //iterate through button map, making the proper connections
  13. for(std::map<QString, LobbyButton *>::iterator buttonItor = buttonMap.begin(); buttonItor != buttonMap.end(); ++buttonItor)
  14. {
  15. if(buttonItor->second->GetType() == "screen")
  16. {
  17. QObject::connect(buttonItor->second, SIGNAL(clicked()), menuMap[buttonItor->second->GetTarget()], SLOT(show()));
  18. QObject::connect(buttonItor->second, SIGNAL(clicked()), menuMap[buttonItor->second->GetBoundMenu()], SLOT(hide()));
  19. }
  20. if(buttonItor->second->GetType() == "game")
  21. {
  22. QObject::connect(buttonItor->second, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(StartGame(menuMap[buttonItor->second->GetTarget()])));
  23. QObject::connect(buttonItor->second, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(quit()));
  24. }
  25. }
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

EDIT: I posted this in another forum and someone mentioned that if my SLOT method takes a parameter then my SIGNAL must emit that parameter. Do you think that has anything to do with my current problem?