PDA

View Full Version : problems installing open src Qt 4.3.2 on MSVC2005

wiseguy
13th November 2007, 09:46
Iv tried several install instructions suggested on forums.

unpacked c:qt/4.3.2/
downloaded and installed patch acs-4.3.x-patch3.zip
running patch a got alot of info like:

Patch attempted to create file mkspecs/win32-borland/qmake.conf, which already exists.
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file mkspecs/win32-borland/qmake.conf.rej

runing qconfig.bat msvc2005

i get compile error:

qvsnprintf.cpp
..\src\corelib\tools\qvsnprintf.cpp(95) : error C3861: 'vsnprintf_s': identifier
not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
Generating Code...
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

i also tried to configure for msvc.net and build, but i only get alot of unresolved externals

can someone help me please

jpn
13th November 2007, 09:48
Open source version of Qt supports MSVC starting from version 4.3.2 so there is no need to patch it.

wiseguy
13th November 2007, 10:06
did the same thing without the patch and i get the same error

wysota
13th November 2007, 10:11
Is configure able to autodetect your platform (win32-msvc2005) automatically?

wiseguy
13th November 2007, 10:19
got it working now, since i had both vs2005 and vs.2003 i was using vs2003 promt for building for msvc2005 and vs2005 promt for building for msvc.net

talk about confusion :D

thanks for all replys guys

alphanique
15th November 2007, 18:13
Hi

I noticed you recently had a problem that I also am having now with Qt framework 4.3.2.

It appears there is no need to install the patch from acs-4.3.x-patch3.zip, however did you actually do the patch ? Did it eventually work, or you found there was no need for the patch like one forum member mentioned ?

I am having trouble getting configure.exe to recognise platform :

C:\Qt\4.3-msvc2005\qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.2>configure -platform
Unable to detect the platform from environment. Use -platform command lineargument
or set the QMAKESPEC environment variable and run configure again
See the README file for a list of supported operating systems and compilers.

I am using the free version of MS Visual Studio Express 2005 that I've downloaded recently ...

Does any body have any suggestions on how to proceed with compilation of Qt framework 4.3.2 source ?

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

marcel
15th November 2007, 19:31
Before running configure, enter at the command prompt:
set QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2005

alphanique
15th November 2007, 20:06
Before running configure, enter at the command prompt:
set QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2005

Thankyou !

I did get the configuration.exe -platform to execute correctly except for the very end :

Creating qmake...
execute: File or path is not found (nmake)
execute: File or path is not found (nmake)
Cleaning qmake failed, return code -1

I am not sure exactly what configuration.exe had to do to finish clean ?!? If this warning or error can be ignored than I can just proceed with the next part, but if not, are there any other system path variables I may need to have set ?

Slowly but surely getting there ...

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

marcel
15th November 2007, 20:22
You get that error because the ms c++ compiler binaries are not in your path. In the start menu entry for for vs 2005 there should be and entry called Vs2005 command prompt. If you open that file (vcvars.bat) you can see what variables are set and add them to your user's system variables.

alphanique
15th November 2007, 21:01
You get that error because the ms c++ compiler binaries are not in your path. In the start menu entry for for vs 2005 there should be and entry called Vs2005 command prompt. If you open that file (vcvars.bat) you can see what variables are set and add them to your user's system variables.

Hi,

Only files there that resemble what you mention are vcvarsall.bat, vcvars.txt and vcvars32.bat

vcvars.txt contains these paths :

@set PATH=%DevEnvDir%;%VCINSTALLDIR%\BIN;%VSINSTALLDIR% \Common7\Tools;%VSINSTALLDIR%\Common7\Tools\bin;%V CINSTALLDIR%\PlatformSDK\bin;%FrameworkSDKDir%\bin ;%FrameworkDir%\%FrameworkVersion%;%VCINSTALLDIR%\ VCPackages;%PATH%
@set INCLUDE=%VCINSTALLDIR%\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;%VCINSTALLDI R%\INCLUDE;%VCINSTALLDIR%\PlatformSDK\include;%Fra meworkSDKDir%\include;%INCLUDE%
@set LIB=%VCINSTALLDIR%\ATLMFC\LIB;%VCINSTALLDIR%\LIB;% VCINSTALLDIR%\PlatformSDK\lib;%FrameworkSDKDir%\li b;%LIB%
@set LIBPATH=%FrameworkDir%\%FrameworkVersion%;%VCINSTA LLDIR%\ATLMFC\LIB

whilst vcvars32.bat contains these :

@set DevEnvDir=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE

@set PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCPackages;%PATH%
@set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE;%INCLUDE%
@set LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\lib;%LIB%
@set LIBPATH=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50 727

current PATH is :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC>path
PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Mic
rosoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7
\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Micros
oft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCPac
kages;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Sy stem32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control P
anel;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG;C:\Program Files\Ulead Sys
tems\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 SE;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\;
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\
QTSystem\;C:\Sun\AppServer\bin;C:\Program Files\SSH Communications Security\SSH
Secure Shell

And this seems to have C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN; in the PATH.

Still a little confused as to the cause ?!? Sorry.

Regards, Mike

alphanique
17th November 2007, 12:35
OK thanks for all input. I did eventually get qmake and nmake to compile Qt framework 4.3.2 with default settings.

Cheers, Mike