PDA

View Full Version : Qt::FramelessWindowHint

L.Marvell
3rd March 2006, 08:25
In Qt4.0.0 & Qt4.0.1 I used flag Qt::FramelessWindowHint to get off button on taskbar. But now in 4.1.0 & 4.1.1 it doesn't work. Can anyone explain what happened and what to do?

Qt4.1.1 with MinGW on WinXP Pro.

L.Marvell
6th March 2006, 13:12
Keep trying to find out but without any result yet :(

L.Marvell
3rd May 2006, 14:59
:crying: Can anybody help me with this?

SkripT
3rd May 2006, 16:15
could you post some code to see how you set this flag?

Look at this thread that I posted where I use it succesfully:
http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2039

L.Marvell
3rd May 2006, 17:57
In constructor of my class:

setWindowFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint | Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint);

nupul
3rd May 2006, 18:35
... Qt::FramelessWindowHint to get off button on taskbar. But now in 4.1.0 & 4.1.1 it doesn't work. Can anyone explain what happened and what to do?

what do you mean get off button on taskbar....be more clear.

also please stick the code as much as possible so that we can relate to your problem...your function declaration will not help us understand your problem! :p

Nupul

L.Marvell
4th May 2006, 12:26
I mean that I don't need button of my application on windows' taskbar. In earlier versions of Qt the same string of code setWindowFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint | Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint); worked perfect: app was without titlebar and without that button on taskbar. Now the button appears but it doesn't have context menu.
See attached screenshot.

SkripT
4th May 2006, 17:10
AFAIK Qt::FramelessWindowHint is not useful for what you want to achieve. It only creates a window without the buttons (maximize, minimize and close) and the border around the window....

L.Marvell
4th May 2006, 17:53
AFAIK Qt::FramelessWindowHint is not useful for what you want to achieve. It only creates a window without the buttons (maximize, minimize and close) and the border around the window....
But worked in Qt < 4.1.x. Anyway, what to do now? Who knows?

SkripT
4th May 2006, 18:18
But worked in Qt < 4.1.x. Anyway, what to do now? Who knows?

Have you tried to set some other window flags? Qt::Popup, Qt::SplashScreen,...

L.Marvell
5th May 2006, 09:58
Have you tried to set some other window flags? Qt::Popup, Qt::SplashScreen,...
I've tried all of flags but without any good result :(

L.Marvell
6th May 2006, 11:36
Ok, it seems Qt::Tool creates window without taskbar button, but there is another problem. When clicking on "Ok" or "Cancel" of any dialog that belongs to app - dialog closes but main window closes too :(
If anybody wish he can download sources at http://www.badongo.com/file/596445 and look in. Window flags set in clockwindow.cpp at 27 row. Try to play with it.

SkripT
6th May 2006, 13:22
Have you tried to open the dialogs as top level (with no parent)?

L.Marvell
6th May 2006, 14:12
Have you tried to open the dialogs as top level (with no parent)?
Nope but will try. Thanks for advice!

L.Marvell
6th May 2006, 14:34
Boom... Main window closes even when pressing "Ok" in standard About Qt dialog :(

L.Marvell
6th May 2006, 15:19
It seems it doesn't matter has dialog parent or not. Main window closes anyway. :( It's pitty

L.Marvell
6th May 2006, 16:27
Well all Ok. Works with setQuitOnLastWindowClosed(false).