PDA

View Full Version : Encrypted XML in Qt?

viking
11th December 2007, 06:16
Hi!

My Client Server app currently communicates using plain XML. I was going thru XML and it does allow encryption. Is it possible to do so in Qt? :confused: I want the XML being sent/received to be encrypted, and not pass as a plain-text xml. For starting, I could do with a Shared-key architecture...

10q

wysota
11th December 2007, 09:03
Qt or no Qt has nothing to do with it. If you have text, you encrypt it and pipe through network. Regardles of the nature of text. See the Cryptography article for more info on Qt abilities in this subject.

jacek
11th December 2007, 12:55
See QSslSocket.

viking
12th December 2007, 05:51
Qt or no Qt has nothing to do with it. If you have text, you encrypt it and pipe through network. Regardles of the nature of text. See the Cryptography article for more info on Qt abilities in this subject.

Thanks wysota. But I was referring to the W3C standard on Encrypted XML
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/
I do know about the QCA using which I can transfer any text in encrypted form. But what I wanted to know is if the W3C std is possibly implemented in Qt.

Anyway, I'll keep looking! :)

wysota
12th December 2007, 11:37
So it's not "encrypted xml" but "encrypted data wrapped into xml" and that's two different things. First you encrypt data and then wrap it into XML. So my answer still stands - Qt has nothing to do with it - you have encryption support, you have XML support so the tools are there. Use them. If you are asking if Qt implements the xmlenc protocol then the answer is "no".