PDA

View Full Version : QDockWidget splitter, cursor shape

alecs1
12th December 2007, 12:59
For resizing a dockwidget there is a splitter. When using that splitter to resize it will of course capture the mouse, and change the cursor shape. But, the cursor shape will change only when the cursor hovers the splitter, making it flicker when cursor moves faster than the widget resizes.
This happens in programs written with Qt4, in Assistant 4.3.3 and in programs from KDE 4.
I did not find a method to overcome this, and I guess it is a bug.
Can anyone offer a solution or confirm?

high_flyer
12th December 2007, 14:51
Although it is possible that it is a Qt bug, it is more probable that its a bug in your application or, that you are just not doing it right.
If you show us the relevant code where you change the cursor, we might be able to help you.

alecs1
12th December 2007, 17:07
The simplest way to see it is to run a Qt4 Assistant and resize the 'Sidebar' dock that Assistant has on the left.

marcel
12th December 2007, 17:18
The simplest way to see it is to run a Qt4 Assistant and resize the 'Sidebar' dock that Assistant has on the left.
It doesn't flicker, it just relayouts really slow, and that's mostly because of the tab widget.
I am afraid you can't do much about that, except waiting for 4.4, where things like this are said to be improved.

And you can't actually call this a bug. More a side effect of layout flexibility.

alecs1
12th December 2007, 18:44
That I understand, but if they improve it, it's even better.
But what I was talking about is the cursor shape, that changes from drag cursor to pointing cursor and back.
Anyway, I can live with it until it will be fixed.