PDA

View Full Version : QDevelop 0.25 released

jlbrd
12th December 2007, 16:05
The QDevelop team is proud to announce the release of the 0.25 official version. Thanks to all developpers, translators and contributors. Many updates are present in this new version, in summary:

- Improvement of the code completion which was a bad feature in previous versions. His speed is VERY increased and now works well.
- Display white spaces on text editors.
- A new feature allows to compile automatically (every 5 seconds) the files (.cpp) edited. This compilation is made in background in a temporary file. The warnings and errors are marqued in the column numbers by the yellow and red warning panels. If the mouse is moved in a panel, a tooltip is showed and gives the message given from the compiler. This feature is borrowed from Eclipse and his auto-compilation of Java.
- New feature: Editor mode. It will toggle the display visibility state of all dockwidgets and display only the editor. Shortcut control+E
- Added encoding support to load/save files, defaults to UTF8
- Support for extra parameters for make

Presently only the sources zip file is available, but the binaries files for Linux and Windows will be available for download as soon as possible

fnmblot
12th December 2007, 16:10
I just installed it. Once again, amazing work! Keep up the good work. Would you happen to know when code folding will be implemented in QDevelop?

elcuco
12th December 2007, 19:27
I just installed it. Once again, amazing work! Keep up the good work. Would you happen to know when code folding will be implemented in QDevelop?

That usually happens sometime after someone codes it.

fnmblot
12th December 2007, 19:35
Code folding, I mean collapsible braces, like this:

nnDBSMainWindow::nnDBSMainWindow( QWidget * parent, Qt::WFlags f)
: QMainWindow(parent, f)
-{
setupUi(this);

connect(ui.addCommentPB, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(addCommentsPB()));
connect(ui.aboutPB, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(aboutNNDBS()));
}

becomes:

nnDBSMainWindow::nnDBSMainWindow( QWidget * parent, Qt::WFlags f)
: QMainWindow(parent, f)
+{
}

Like what is possible in Kate or Edyuk.

fnmblot
12th December 2007, 19:37
Oh, by the way, looks like the Previous button in the Find function is not working properly in the new edition. I submitted a bug request on Google Code for it

GreyGeek
30th December 2007, 22:14
I just completed a fresh install of MEPIS 7.0 on my laptop.

Both the 2.4 and the 2.5 versions of QDevelop fail to run after posting these messages:

jerry@GreyGeek:~/qdevelop$ ./qdevelop
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/qdevelop)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libQtXml.so.4)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libQtGui.so.4)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libQtNetwork.so.4)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libQtCore.so.4)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libstdc++.so.6)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libpq.so.5)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libmysqlclient_r.so.15)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libsqlite.so.0)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libsqlite3.so.0)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libaudio.so.2)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libssl.so.0.9.8)
./bin/qdevelop: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./bin/libcrypto.so.0.9.8)
jerry@GreyGeek:~/qdevelop$

But:

$ vdir /lib/libc.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 2007-12-29 21:53 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.6.so
$ vdir /lib/tls/libc.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 2007-12-29 21:53 /lib/tls/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.6.so

Version 2.3.6 isn't good enough. :crying: