PDA

View Full Version : QAssistant issue

jml
14th December 2007, 20:36
I'm trying to use the Assistant as the help viewer for my application. I set up a myHelp.adp file in oldpath/myHelp.adp with some simple html documents, and everyhthing works find using the command
assistant -profile myHelp.adp
from the oldpath directory.

Then I moved everthing to "newpath", went to the command line with current directory at "newpath", and entered the same assistant command.

The initial index.html page comes up find, but when I clck on any other page, say, "page1", in the index sidebar, I get the error "The page could not be found", followed by
"file:///oldpath/page1.html." - like it is still looking in "oldpath". There is no reference to oldPath in my adp file or any of the html files. I even searched the regedit (Windows XP) for "oldPath" to no avail. It's like assistant is remembering the old setup in some undocumented way.

Any ideas? Thanks.

jacek
14th December 2007, 21:10
It seems that the index is stale. I'm not sure how to force the Assistant to reindex the docs (it should happen automatically when you change the docs), but you can try to delete the index file (C:\Documents and Settings\user\.assistant\contentdbXX.yyy).

jml
14th December 2007, 21:20
:) Thank you! That fixed it.