PDA

View Full Version : how to embed MS word/powerpoint/excel or pdf document onto my QWidget?

oob2
6th March 2006, 23:47
Hi,

How to embed MS word/powerpoint/excel or pdf document onto my QWidget?

Is there any example?

Thanks

Chicken Blood Machine
7th March 2006, 05:41
Have a look at QAxWidget. In fact, open Designer and drop a QAxWidget on your form. Right-click on the widget and there's an option that will present you with a list of all the activeX plugins available on your system. I believe the ones you want will be in that list.

Sarma
7th March 2006, 05:50
hi,
I did not understand by the term embedding. Do you want to show the contents of those documents(like opening the document) in your widget or what? Is the widget a textarea or what?Kindly answer these clearly.

oob2
7th March 2006, 22:16
I'd like to create a QAxWidget (or QWidget). It shows a Word document, PowerPoint slide, Excel document or PDF file.

I know how to display PDF file inside QAxWidget, since there is a "Adobe PDF Reader" activeX control. How about word/powerpoint/excel?

Thanks.

raphaelf
8th March 2006, 09:46
Qt:4.1.1
WinXP

Hi everybody, it looks to be interesting ;)
But i could not found "QAxWidget" in the Designer :cool:
Where is it?

oob2: Could you send us your code how to show a pdf inside QAxWidget

Thanks

jpn
8th March 2006, 11:45
But i could not found "QAxWidget" in the Designer :cool:
Where is it?

See Containers in the Widget Box. It's the last one.

raphaelf
8th March 2006, 11:55
Hi JPN,

under containers i found: Group Box, Tool Box, Tab Widget, Stacked Widget, Frame und Dock Widget. But not " QAxWidget " :confused:

jpn
8th March 2006, 12:00
Maybe you're using open source edition or your licence does not cover the ActiveQt module?

The ActiveQt modules are part of the Qt Desktop Edition. They are not part of the Qt Open Source Edition.

ActiveQt Framework (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/activeqt.html#activeqt)

raphaelf
8th March 2006, 12:16
Hi JPN!
I am using the Open Source Edition :p
thx

vowtree
11th June 2012, 03:06
I'd like to create a QAxWidget (or QWidget). It shows a Word document, PowerPoint slide, Excel document or PDF file.

I know how to display PDF file inside QAxWidget, since there is a "Adobe PDF Reader" activeX control. How about word/powerpoint/excel?

Thanks.

Could you send us your code how to show a pdf inside QAxWidget

ChrisW67
11th June 2012, 09:16
Did you really need to resurrect a six-year-old post to ask a me too question with your very first post? Really?

Have you bothered to read any of the ActiveQt documentation or examples (particularly the Web Browser)? Have you tried anything yourself or are you just expecting someone to do everything for you?