PDA

View Full Version : capCreateCaptureWindow in Qt

sabeesh
19th December 2007, 05:01
Hi,
I am using Qt4.3 with Visual Studio 2005. In my program I need to connect my program with a web camera. For that I use capGetDriverDescription in my program. It detect the web camera driver and display it in my window, with the helop of my code. But after that I give the command capCreateCaptureWindow. But It doesn't create the window. But, when I compile the program Qt return ' 0 errors'. Then why the window appear?
How can I solve this problem.
Please help me

high_flyer
19th December 2007, 11:42
For that I use capGetDriverDescription in my program.
you should realize, that there are so many frameworks, we can't know of which frame work the mentioned function is part of, so please, state that in your post, its is not polite to force the people who want to answer your post (and thus help you) to search google in trying to know what you mean.

Also, this is not the first post/thread you posted on this subject.
PLEASE - keep the same subject in one thread, don't fill the forum, it makes helping you harder.

To your question it self - based on what I read in your other posts, it looks like you are mixing things (in this case, trying to create windows both through Qt and possible with direct win API).
But with out code, it is very hard to tell, so please post relevant code.

marcel
19th December 2007, 12:16
capCreateCaptureWindow and capGetDriverDescription are part of the Windows multimedia API(found in vfw.h, which is funny because I think it means "video for windows").

Could we see how you use capCreateCaptureWindow? Anyway, this gives you a window handle, which will not be of much use in a Qt program. You'll probably have to use winapi to control the window anyway.