PDA

View Full Version : Debug problem in Eclipse with qrc file

Vortex
23rd December 2007, 14:43
Qt: 4.3.3
Eclipse: 3.3.1.1
CDT: 4.0.2
Qt Integration: 1.0.1

Normally i can debug my apps, but when i add a qrc file in the project gdb says: No source available for "main() " .
The application compiles well and i can launch by hand the generated exe without problems, the only thing is that the debug doesn't work.

This happens only with a qrc file added to .pro, if i remove it the debug starts to work again.

I tried to reinstall everything as said in other posts, also different versions of Eclipse and CDT but i always get the same result.

Anyone know a solution?

wysota
25th December 2007, 10:34
What if you start the debug session outside Eclipse? Does the problem persist?

Vortex
26th December 2007, 13:26
With gdb in a console it works fine.

wysota
26th December 2007, 13:39
The same executable that you can't debug from within Eclipse? The problem seems to be with gdb, looks like it can't find the source files, so I guess your Eclipse configuration might be broken somewhere.

Vortex
26th December 2007, 16:06
Yes is the same executable. The strange thing is that i have this problem only with the .qrc file in the project, and this file is in the same directory as the other source fies.

wysota
26th December 2007, 16:35
Does it happen with every project? For example with examples bundled with Qt?

katrina
27th December 2007, 00:56
I'm using the same Eclipse and CDT and just did some in-Eclipse debugging today on a project with a qrc file with no problems, the only difference I see in our configuration is I am using Linux instead of Windows.

I have noticed that sometimes in Eclipse I have to go and specifically add the path to my source files using the "add filesystem path" (with "search sub-folders") in the Debug Dialog (even when they are in the same project I am debugging), but I have not noticed a pattern to when I have to do this. But it may be worth a try.