PDA

View Full Version : any body using qextserialport?

yagabey
24th December 2007, 20:26
Hello guys,
i am in trouble with qextserialport...i am trying to compile a project using qextserialport; but there is no qextserialport.lib file in qextserialport folder, thus the compiler gives a link error : "cannot open input file 'qextserialport.lib'". instead of 'qextserialport.lib", there is a file named libqextserialport.a in the build folder.

What can i do? If it may work, may anybody send me that qextserialport.lib file? Thanks...

calhal
24th December 2007, 21:07
I'm using it. I've simply compiled qextserialport then moved headers, libqextserialport.a and qextserialport.dll to my project directory. Also added

LIBS += -L. -lqextserialport
to my pro file and included headers in my app, and that's it.

yagabey
25th December 2007, 07:59
Thank you Calhal for your answer..
I 've already LIBS += -LC:\qextserialport\build -lqextserialport into the pro file..but i get the same error again...

i am using visual studio. i couldn't compile qextserialport with it, so i used a precompiled version for xp...and i think the problem is here...perhaps that precompiled version was compiled with gcc or something like that..?

when i try to compile qextserialport with VS2005, it doesn't give an error but it asks me to specify the name of executable file for debug session? finally in the build directory there are some objects created, and a qextserialport.dll file...but there is no qextserialport.lib

wysota
25th December 2007, 11:23
Did you try to build it with qmake and nmake, without using the IDE? As for the import library, you can generate it from the dll - search the net, I'm sure you'll find some info how to do it.

yagabey
25th December 2007, 23:08
ok! i made it work...
MS VS needs some settings to be able to produce the lib file:
In configuratiın properties of the project, i assigned an output directory(say lib..), and i changed the configuratiin type to static library(lib) from dynamic library(dll). and that is all...i built it, my lib file was staring at me over there :-)